Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Possible Massive Map Boom

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by sajak, Jan 10, 2013

Do you think we can spare some time for this?

Sure, why the hell not 8 vote(s) 25.0%
Not too sure, will try though 4 vote(s) 12.5%
Can't, not enough time or interest 2 vote(s) 6.3%
Release Kyle's UR map 18 vote(s) 56.3%
  1. Nov 11, 2011
    It's been a while since the pF community has seen original maps. Sure we have some maps that come out here and there, but I would love to see original maps from the great mappers in this community. Yes, we're all busy with work, college/hs, girlfriend/wife (yeah right), but try to spare some time for mapping. I mainly map for ZM and the maps on the ZM server have gotten extremely boring and repetitive so I've created some original maps to be released soon. I know some of our ZE mappers are working on large projects as well. What are your thoughts? Drop your two cents here.

@Dirtbag @enviolinador @Luffaren @GRUDGE @Ghost @JorisCeoen @masterchodda @Si˚ @Kosuki @nyronic @Syoudous @kirby8989 @Motanum @jookbob @Radon @SubDelt@ @ZombieFurbie @DimeX @Synopsis @Jermaine [pF] @waterpyro32 @Purpzz @llVeXXll @Päss

Can't remember anyone else.
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • May 14, 2011
      Ive got exams and getting a place in uni stuff atm. I really cant spare the time.
      • Like Like x 1
      • May 15, 2011
        I can try. But I often loose interest or am too busy to get anything done. Hopefully I can pick up something and actually finish it. Also, I would really REALLY like to see Kyle's UR map, it was hella fun.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 9, 2012
          Well I'm wanting to create a church-based ZM map. I had to registrate an organ concert today for my teacher, and it was in a very nice church. It gave me the idea to do something with it, but I didn't knew what. I could use the concept for a ZM map if you'd like. It won't be the same as ze_cathedral_escape

I will probably call it zm_church_escape.
          • Like Like x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            I'm still waiting on a zm_mako_putwhateverhere, complete with materias. :nerd:

@null, because you forgot to tag him.
            • Agree Agree x 3
            • Like Like x 1
            • Sep 6, 2010
              I wish I knew how to map, but I'd love to create one of my own in maps sometime
            • Feb 21, 2007
              I'd consider a ze_retslag1_bans_everyone map
              • Funny Funny x 4
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
              • Feb 12, 2012
                I'm already working on ZE map based on Unreal Tournament 2004. Started working on it like 2 months ago. But last 1.5 months I've been busy. I have my last exam tomorrow, so I'm planning to resume working on the map soon.
                I also have a lot of plans for future large ZE projects...
                • Like Like x 2
                • Feb 12, 2012
                  I am slowly working on a Ze map but I can't really say anything more about it as it is only maybe 10% done and I'm awfully busy at the moment, so I don't know when and if I'll get it done.
                • Jul 1, 2010
                  • Agree Agree x 2
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Jul 28, 2011
                    I'm not gonna promise anything. (Read that in a pessimistic tone, not an optimistic one, unless you enjoy having your dreams crushed.)
                    • Jun 18, 2012
                      I started mapping for ZE last summer holiday but after the map breaking and re-installing windows I'm just going to wait till I want to work on that specific thing again.

Besides that I got something new I'm working on for ZE now. It's something new yet it won't be anything to surprising like other better maps are doing, I'm trying to make it a small sandbox map and will add levels later, if I feel like it. Envio is helping me on it very much, it's just that atm I'm still on internship and when I get home I don't really feel like putting my PC on and continue learning. I'd rather take a nap or w/e. So It'll progress slowly.
                    • Apr 12, 2012
                      Im kind of in the same boat fornax.. I started a map a few months ago but work has been kicking my ass lately so who knows when it'll be completed. If I manage to make it though, I think you all will like it :grin:
                    • Jun 11, 2012
                      Can you quit your internship and focussed on making a Fallout based ZE. I need to shoot a Behemoth while punching a Mirelurk and trying to get Stimpack for heal, while listening to Way Back Home by Bob Crosby. Pls
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Jan 24, 2012
                        I could consider porting zm_parish_v2 to CS:S someday. But since I've only made 2 zm maps ever, I've got loads to learn. Minigame maps also seems to be more popular then zm maps as people continually just want to play zm_panic anyways. But I'll take a look at it, so we'll see.
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                        You know enough, and I've seen zm_parish, great map. Port it now. Thanks. But in general, zm maps should be somewhat small in size and have decent spots to cade in. Not much goes into ZM except for aesthetics and some trigger usage.
                      • May 14, 2011
                        Easier said than done. CS:GO -> CS:S was not intended.

You have to play around with the vmf till it works. The furthest I have managed it is porting brushes. As far as I know porting entities that way round is impossible. They all have to be recreated.

All models would be lost.
                      • Jan 24, 2012
                        Models can always be Recompiled if needed, but we'll see.
                      • Nov 11, 2011
                        Neither was CS:S -> CS:GO. I think we're past the point of "we can't do it." Quit being lazy with these excuses because there is always a way to do it. If you don't want to partake in helping the map list grow, then don't. Brushes, materials and models are easily ported, the only real concern is some entities and their world orientation. Other than that, it's a cakewalk.
                      • Mar 12, 2008
                        Considering 0 CT's remain at the end of a human loss round