Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Possible Request...

Discussion in Help Desk started by CrAzYCrAcKeR, Jun 30, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 30, 2012
    Can i request my name not be considered "racist" please, I've been using this name for gaming for 12+ years, I don't mean any offense to anyone by using it, seeing as how I am white myself. I would just really like to not have to change my name due to having it to for so long, if its really a problem I will change it. Chc banned me about 10 min ago saying my name is racist, and i just donated maybe 2 hours ago, crappy coincidence
  2. May 15, 2011
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Mar 4, 2012
      The fact that this is even an issue just goes to show how ridiculous modern day "political correctness" is.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • May 14, 2011

If its the one you use in forums then whats wrong with it?

EDIT: or maybe im missing some american slang somewhere...
      • Jun 30, 2012
        This is the name I play with. I've never really had a problem with it in the past and I've been playing on your servers for about 6 months now..
      • Jun 30, 2012
        The term "cracker" is supposed to be a negative word for white people, which I'm white and take no offense to the word, and if any white person does take offense to it, they have something wrong. Because I'm proud to be a "cracker"
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Apr 9, 2007
          I see no immediate issue with this name. @Chc

EDIT: Oh. I thought you meant something like Ritz, not the slang...
        • May 15, 2011
          Same goes for African Americans. Just because you're black doesn't mean you can say the N word. We don't allow ANY racist terms or anything. We don't care if you're black, white, purple or pink. As for Cracker, it's about context context. No one can say, 'Your name is racist hur dur" since a cracker can also mean, my first post. Now, if you use it in a way to be racist against someone, or the meaning behind it has racial meaning, then it would be wrong.

As for your name, I don't see a problem. The first thing to pop in my head when I read it was that Crazy Goldfish from the commercials. :\

[IMG]
        • May 14, 2011
          IMO its perfectly fine lol. We could be getting all anal over the smallest racist word but as long as in game your not making implications its fine.

It would be like saying BlackSnarf or any other player with "black" in thier name is being racist.
          depositphotos_6517677-Crackers
        • Jun 3, 2012

you made me hungry
        • Feb 20, 2011
          Really shouldn't it be treated the same as A black guy asking to use the name CrAzY NiGgEr etc?
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 4, 2006
            While this is fine and dandy for yourself, we've heard this excuse over and over and we can't accept it. Doesn't matter if you yourself take offense to the word or not, or what your race is. If we allowed said terms based on that we'd have players with the name "crazynigger" and it would be OK because they were black (they're probably pale white 4chan goers or similar). Cracker is seen sort of analogous to nigger as it derives from the crack of a whip used on slaves; it's not some term that society slowly coined in recent decades just to fill the gap of racial slurs for Caucasians. Sure it isn't nearly as sensitive, but it's still a word with more than just a crispy wafer meaning. I just got done banning a guy yesterday who made this same argument after he repeatedly used nigger/nigga in-game after he was told not to and he put up the same 'I'm X race so it's OK to say a X racial slur and break the rules in your private servers!' bullshit, replace the X with your race and you can see how anyone could use the same argument to use any racial slur they desired and we'd have to throw up our arms and say "Op! It's OK, he can say that because he's the race he's shitting on, it's cool."

I personally have never had problems with cracker, honky, white trash, or any of the terms used for us folk but that doesn't mean they don't fall under the same guise as all the other discriminatory terms for any race. There are exceptions to some, however, where context can be put into play. Words such as faggot, chink, cracker. However you've explicitly stated you're referring to the slang version of cracker. If I'm to stay consistent with our rules I'd have to say your name should be altered. I'm merely one opinion, though, and if the rest of the management see no issue I won't argue.
            • Agree Agree x 2
            • Jun 3, 2012
              Believe it or not, part of moderating this kind of stuff is looking at context

In this case, I see no problem

EDIT: but Brian does =/
            • May 14, 2011
              I think he means cracker as in the biscuit.

Considering this is the first time I have come across this slang I do not know much about it so forgive me if i'm being ignorant of something.

EDIT:

Now I understand why it could be racist. But still, i had to google that for pete sake lol.
            • Jan 27, 2011
              Do I need to respond? Player has a racial term in his name. Was warned, kicked and then banned for an hour for not changing it when he rejoined.

EDIT:
              Doh, he didn't post as this abuse.

Name is clearly has racial meaning, not sure why it would be allowed.
            • May 14, 2011

So you are racist then. From what I gathered from wiki your implying you are proud to whip black poeple. Now this IS racist.

I take back what I said before about it not being racist.
            • Jan 27, 2011
              You might be proud to be said "cracker" but this is all personal for yourself. We have players ALL over the world joining to play and anyone can take offense to any racial term. That is why it is now allowed.
            • Feb 20, 2011
              Yes. I know, we had the whole debacle about this many times, with the example "Chink". However the context he is using it in isn't the biscuit, he's using it in the context of a derogatory term for White people. Ive kicked and banned someone before because despite repeated warnings for him to change his name from "Black Cracka" he refused, claiming because he was White it can't be offensive.
            • Jun 4, 2006
              Well that's your interpretation but that's sort of the point as well (other players could be offended or interpret his name differently) - to him he may just be saying he's proud to be who/what he is, which a lot of people are and that's fine, but this just goes to show that others could very well see his name in a negative light.
            • May 14, 2011

The name defines black slave drivers.

^

Being proud to be a black slave driver or descended from one is obviously very wrong.

Black people calling white people crackers would not be racist, however, a white person claiming to be a cracker is very racist.
            Thread Status:
            Not open for further replies.