Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Possible Solution to Ghosting?

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Trigger [Red], Jan 7, 2016

1. Jul 7, 2014
    I thought of something that could possibly reduce or even end ghosting. Hear me out.

I play on this one surf server and they have this option where you can view who is spectating you.
    All you have to do is simply type !specinfo and it will show who exactly is spectating you or if you have any spectators at all lol. So as simple as it sounds, if a player is in a hiding spot and feels uneasy as if someone is watching where they are, all they have to type is !specinfo and it will show who is spectating him. I feel like if we have this option in the server, ghosting issues won't be a problem anymore. Also, if someone was killed by a ghoster, they can record a demo or screenshot the chat which eventually leads to more solid evidence that someone ghosted them. I believe this can give players an upper hand against ghosters. And of course, if they spam it often, they should be disciplined(warn>kick>ban). I believe this will bring back the fairness that is well deserved by players who play legitimately. Please take some time to think about this and don't post any thing like "this is a dumb idea, im against it." If you are against this idea, I respect it, but please describe how it can be a bad idea and I will try my best to provide MY explanation on how it's a good idea. If this idea happens to be successful, I believe that new/present admins should be trained to enforce the new found rule. If an admin is suspicious of someone breaking the rule and wants to catch them dead in the act without the player finding out they are being spectated, they should have a side option to go on incognito mode and it won't show that they are watching the player breaking the rules if the player types !specinfo.

That being said, here are some screenshots:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=595700786
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=595700813

Thank you for taking your time to read this.
    Trigger [Red], Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by Trigger [Red], Jan 7, 2016
  2. Apr 18, 2014
    Jeremy, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
  3. Jul 7, 2014
    True. It could be possible for the admin to go on like incognito mode and it won't show that they are spectating a certain player.

@Jeremy there, re read my post
  4. Apr 18, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Jeremy, Jan 7, 2016 Last edited by Jeremy, Feb 18, 2016
    • Jul 7, 2014
      5th thread, bro. You already know they won't do anything about it. Unbelievable.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Oct 29, 2010
        It must be depressing to be so negative all the time.
        • Agree Agree x 3
        • Funny Funny x 2
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Jul 7, 2014
          What do you mean 5th thread? And hey, never say never, next thing you know it could be a success :wink:
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Oct 13, 2011
            • Jul 7, 2014
              I've already read all of those. Didn't you tell me earlier that you were "Drunk 9000x" ? Go to sleep already you pleb. Anyway, your links and quote is irrelevant to my suggestion to end ghosting. Lol, "very rare occurrence" ? That shit happens all the fucking time.

EDIT: And you clearly didn't read jack shit of my suggestion.
            • Dec 27, 2012
              Lately I've seen admins ghost players by using !spec @me and then !es -player name- followed up by rejoining the zombie team. While ghosting has been an issue for a while, let me clarify something for the admins who do this.

- You are abusing your powers if you do the above. The commands intended purpose is NOT for you to ghost other players nor to get any kind of advantage.
              - Your admin can and WILL be revoked if any LSA or Management catch you doing this, due to the reason above.
              - If you didn't understand already, this is WRONG.
              - Next time I see any admin do this, friend or not, I will record you and post said video to an LSA/Management.

Right now this is a bigger issue than ghosting itself, even though ghosting is still relevant.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Jul 7, 2014
                I agree. The admin(s) should know better than to misuse their commands. This also fits into the category of just regulars ghosting as well. Lets not let admins who misuse their commands tear down this suggestion though. We should leave these types of admins for LSA and Management to handle.
              • Sep 14, 2008

One of the issues with this is that people barely come to us to tell us which admins are actually doing this. This happens so many times where the player would rather not get said admin in "trouble" If people would actually say something and let us know who, then we can help.
              • Feb 25, 2014
                I don't know whether I must cry or laugh. this issue is brought up many times before. and I foresee it will be many more times in the near future.
              • Feb 24, 2011
                Yess
                Yees
              • Oct 11, 2012
                We used to have this on ZE years ago if I recall correct. Is this why it was removed? People stopped breaking rules when they saw an admin spec'ing them?
                • Friendly Friendly x 1
                • May 31, 2012
                  Looks like it'd be a good idea. Only one problem though. To ghost someone doesn't mean you have to be spectating them as your photos suggest. It wouldn't prevent against free fly. Eventually people would get around it and then we're right back to square one.
                • Oct 13, 2011

This is how I would ghost.
                • Jul 7, 2014
                  What I meant was if a player was last one alive for example and there's about a minute left(usual amount of time left when one person is left), he can type !specinfo to see if anyone's spectating him. Now if he sees the same person spectating him then join in to kill him, that's ghosting. What is free fly? Do you mean pfly? Sorry :razz:
                  Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016
                  If you read my suggestion, at the very end I said "Thank you for taking your time to read this."
                  Lol, this clearly doesn't imply with you :smile:
                  Post Merged, Jan 8, 2016
                  Which is why I want to bring in "incognito mode" so the admin won't show on the spectator list if the player types !specinfo.
                • Mar 26, 2012
                  Free fly is when the camera can move around freely. It is not attached to a person. In game, go to spectate and type !es player name or hit ctrl to switch to first person mode (see from their point of view). You can toggle between the different modes hitting spacebar or using the drop down with ctrl to switch to third person (see their whole body) or free fly where you can move the camera anywhere. If you use ctrl, you have to use the drop down menu to select "close" to close it. One of the drop down menus have it.
                  • Informative Informative x 3