Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Possible trading section?

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by 911Trigger, Aug 2, 2012

How do you feel about having a Trading section on our forums.

It's a good idea 14 vote(s) 82.4%
It's a bad idea 3 vote(s) 17.6%
  1. Feb 9, 2012
    i know people wanna give things away, and trade stuff so is there any chance a Trading section would be considered? i know the dangers of it but of course no admin or roots or anyone should be held responsible but i believe since most of us play together, there should be some sort of trust between some people. If anything we could have some of our roots or LSAs be ''middle-man''.
    A middle-man would be someone that both side of the party give information/item/game to and once the middleman can confirm whatever needs to be confirmed, then he can go on and switch the items for the 2 players.
    Of course there may also be a chance of posts being knocked off the front page so if we can have it so it doesnt show up on the front page, that would be much better as well.

I know it's just a suggestion but i'd like to open a poll on it as well.
  2. Mar 12, 2008
    I guess as long as no real world currency is being traded publicly...any thoughts on this?

I too have an inventory to dedicate to trading. TF2 outpost could work better though
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    Just make a thread in the gaming section. That's what I did when I wanted to sell shit.
  4. Feb 9, 2012
    yeh but i wanted to leave the gaming section for talks about gaming news, updates, releases, questions, etc.
    When i suggested the idea i actually did want to include real life money , of course the trades would still be at the person's own risk since there's a chance that person acquired the item they're trading with money as well. we could include giveaways in this secion as well, could be titled '' Trades and Giveaways''.
  5. Jan 12, 2011
    Unless there was overwhelming support for creating this new section, I don't see why a thread (or dozen) couldn't be made in the Gaming or No-Count sections of the Forums for trading Steam items or games. Granted, I haven't traded much myself so I'm not a good judge on how active it could be, but I'd first like to see a busy megathread before suggesting a new subforum.

Also, I'm opposed to the idea of involving real money, at least for now. While I recognize Plaguefest should not be held liable for the (ir)responsible actions of its posters (as per the Rules and ToS), I wouldn't put it past some nut to start throwing blame around and ruin it for everyone. Even though I realize that trading games might as well have a monetary value attached to them, and that other forums have facilitated trades successfully (via liability and privacy clauses), something about this seems like too much to step up to at once. Just my opinion, though.

Edit: To clarify, trading things from your Inventory is still fine.
    Edit 2: Rereading, if the new section also included things like contests and giveaways, that might provide a good place to consolidate all of them since there have been quite a few recently. Up to the Staff/FMods, I guess.
    Vadleon, Aug 3, 2012 Last edited by Vadleon, Aug 3, 2012
  6. Feb 9, 2012
    Id like to also add that i realize steam has its own trading section on their forums, i just find it more reliable to trade with people i have played with. Also it's much easier for people to sell things when they know the person for some time. Again though, this is only a suggestion and as vadleon said, there may not be massive amounts of threads popping up from this but I dont believe having a lotta people actively using this would make a good idea as it will be harder to monitor... this would just be for stuff people are looking to giveaway or make a fast trade/sell with the people they know.