Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

possiblility to add skins

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by moxinru, Feb 6, 2012

1. Feb 2, 2012
    is it possible to add few skins for donators
    i saw petty cool skins on other zm servers
    like drangon ball skin...
  2. Jun 17, 2011
    I think you posted this in the wrong section...and its been discussed many times about skins...they usually go for skins that fit the theme they are going for...
  3. Dec 30, 2011
    More skins would be cool, and maybe more of an incentive for people to buy donator/admin if they're able to be unique
  4. Nov 29, 2010
    1, this is the wrong section to put it.

2. Before making topics with suggestions, Would you please, do us a favour and use the nifty search function? There's at least about 3 threads about the same topic.

there are a lot of great skins out there, however the ones we'd like consume a lot of space, and we'd rather not have the wait of a long download. Also, I believe we'd rather be using skins that go with the "Zombie Apocalypse" Theme
  5. Oct 27, 2010
    Moved to ZM section.

There are many different skins out there, but not all of them are a right fit for the Plague Fest servers. Any skins that are added must be small in size to facilitate fast download speeds and should fit in with the theme of the servers.

If you have any skins that you think would fit these requirements and would be a good addition to the servers feel free to post those recommendations along with a download link in this thread. There is no guarantee that they will be added however.
  6. Mar 12, 2008
    I was literally JUST going to put this.

This is what i get when i go to make some coffee.

Now i just look like a nub.
  7. Oct 27, 2010
    Clam said it first so.... :stupid:

But again, If you have suggestions, just post them here with a download link :thumbsup:
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    They must be small (RE: a few mb), and must fit the theme of the server as was stated. Also, donators do have access to skins..unless this changed...
  9. Mar 12, 2008
    i always look for tl;dr first, without it i just skim the topic.

much meh is being had
  10. Aug 18, 2006
    Clam hit it right on the dot.

We want to keep the initial download time as short as possible to avoid driving away new players. This means that we don't want to add too many skins, and the ones that we do have are small in file size. Also, they must fit within the "Zombie Apocalypse" theme. While having a Dragon Ball skin would be cool, it would not fit in to the theme of the server, at all.

I want to get some custom skins done for PlagueFest soon. I'll have to redouble my efforts on that.
  11. Jul 19, 2011
    I think ray deserves a hug..... IF this is accomplished :thumbsup:
  12. Mar 12, 2008
    Funny you mention that, i was looking at doing that back when i was interested in mapping. it looks simple, of course, but as i've found with anything source, it never is.

I'll search around for some tutorials and crank a few works out before i tackle anything.

But i'd be glad to help if i can.