Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Post-Heat Stroke pic of my burnt body

Discussion in Entertainment started by Conker, Jul 24, 2011

1. Mar 31, 2010
    Just know that my body is RED like the group "Banned" from PF, compared to the pink it is below (like "Administrator"). Reason I'm not posting a pic of right now is pretty much cos' I've got blisters all over my chest and back, and it looks ugly. kthxbai.

In other words, kids do not attempt to go to a waterpark from 10am till 8pm when it's 115 degrees fahrenheit (or 46 degrees celcius) humidity counted outside. Also, if you're in belief that "sunscreen" will protect you: I poured myself in that shit TWICE (once at 10 am, once at 2:30 pm).

Anyways, who's ready to see some lobster? *drum rolls*

P.S.: I actually think if they're making a live-action film on Spongebob, I'd easily get the role of Patrick due to the colour of my skin (which happens to also be Patrickbizzle's avatar - for those who didn't know...)

Oh, and don't mind the background: that's my sister's room... lol
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    Swimming in the sun itself without properly drying yourself is a bad idea in general
  3. Aug 5, 2010
    LOL dude that sucks get better
  4. Feb 20, 2011

Just remember, it could have been worse.
  5. Mar 31, 2010
    LMFAO! Holy shit!!! I'd honestly kill myself if I were him. The pain is already unbearable. IMAGINE BEING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    Damn. That sucks dude. If it makes you feel any better my shoulders are really burnt right now.

All I can suggest doing is using lots of aloe as it has soothing and healing qualities to it.

Try taking an antihistamine as well, such as a diphenhydramine (over the counter allergy medicine like Zyrtec or Benadryl). It may help to reduce the itching.
  7. Mar 12, 2008
    DUDE you got toasted

dont take a cold shower either, take a lukewarm one. cold showers dont really help at all and make you feel worse when you get out.
  8. Feb 21, 2007
    Use Aloe vera for symptomatic relief. Use Noxema 2-3 times a day every day for about 2 weeks to help prevent or minimize skin peeling
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    What would House do?
  10. Mar 31, 2010
    He would peel the skin off, and throw the person in a freezer!

Also, thanks guys! I'm gonna try them all out. :smile: Oh, and Ray/Rets, I used aloe vera, but instead of soothing the pain: it made it more PAINFUL!!! Right now, I'm prescribed and taking ACETAMINOPHEN and IBUPROFEN. Neither do any good.. :frown:
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Shit man.

Take the hottest shower you can. While it's going to probably hurt, you need to open your pores. Mind you you're supposed to do this right after, it should still help a bit...
  12. Sep 14, 2008
    Aww hun...I hope you get better soon *hugs*
  13. Apr 11, 2011

^ That, I noticed that ice packs and cooling the skin does not help at all, makes it feel horrible and the redness stays longer...also oatmeal baths are gentle ways to sooth the skin so if you would consider sitting in a bath of oatmeal powder for 15 minutes or so....I'm not sure how closely related a sun burn is to poison oak but when I started cooling the skin and putting all the medicine on it, it didnt help. More so clogged the pores and spread it even more, but thats what everyone told me to do so I ended up having the poison oak for about two weeks...till I just sweated it out in a jacuzzi. It was gone the next day, and now I don't listen to any doctor logic. <_<

And that picture is really depressing /comfort
  14. Feb 1, 2011
    sometimes if i dont wear long sleaves when welding i get like that cause some of the rods i burn put out some damn heat. like for example when i weld water well casing i use 1/4" 70,18 rods and them bastards will put a hurtin on you.
  15. Feb 11, 2011
    I lived in florida for 19 years, getting a sunburn every week. Im kinda an expert on them.

You should have done:

1. Sunblock every hour on the hour with a high SPF
    2. Dried off after every ride (the water acts like a magnifying glass intensifying the suns rays)
    3. As soon you WERE burned take a luke warm shower, NEVER take a cold shower as it will cuz more pain.

Now that its to late this is what you need to do. Take alow vera put it on in HEAVY applications, its gonna hurt a lot rubbing it in but not for long. stay as much naked as you can with out making anyone throw up. Skin needs a lot of air to heal fastest. AND.. Finally take some good pain meds it wont help much, but it will relive some of the pain.
  16. Jun 10, 2011
    d'awwwwww, the look on dat face!! Anyone else get the urge to give him a slap on the back cuddle? ehehehehe
  17. Nov 29, 2010
    Also, late, but when you apply sunscreen, make sure you apply it in the shade and WAIT for it to dry, when it's wet it'll make you burn faster