Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Post your PC/Mac Specs Here!

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by masterchodda, Feb 22, 2012

1. Aug 8, 2010
    This is to be a bragging thread for which your will post:
    • pictures of your rig (computer) in any sense of the meaning
    • benchmarks
    • statistics
    • neat cable work
    • multi GPU setup
    • Eyefinity/whatever nvidia has lol
    • etc.
    From here EVERYONE is expected to laugh, belittle & berate everyone elses shit just for fun. Think of it as a mulitple computer roast. Feel free to be lame. Please do not go overboard. Lets have a good clean roast!

In the spirit of threadsmanship, I shall go firsteth.

My Rig:
    ASUS Crosshair IV Formula AM3 AMD 890FX -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131644

Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) -http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820226200

AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s x2 in RAID 0
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136322

XFX Double D HD-687A-ZDFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
    also have a xfx 6850 which I use for crossfire x when not in use in my second gaming rig :grin: - makes eyefinity better

2- 1 terrabyte WD greens 5k rpm? 64 megs of cache. very reliable for storage.
    I also have the OLD Coolermaster Cosmos case. It is HUGE!
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119252
    This is a link to the black one. I have a silver one :grin:

Finally 3- 24" monitors in an eyefinity display. They are Viewsonic. No dead pixels. lol :razz:

Here is teh facts!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Fuck off I dont play wow anymore :neutral:

Roast me bitches >:grin:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Jan 10, 2009
      not a bad rig. post pic of case. lol WoW... and lol at FailMD though the thuban cards were nice. damn that TDP! 161W!!!!!! sheeitt.

okay here are mines. [56k warning :wink: ]
      oh and ignore that core speed in the pic below. i think i have a mild OC of 4.6 or 4.4 don't remember. but it could be 4.2

[IMG]

and specs. well when i did a semi suicide run.

[IMG]

i think that covers it really. OOOOHHHHHH pictures of my rig..

first before
      [IMG]

then second BEFORE!
      [IMG]

now the after/current shot.
      [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Feb 18, 2011
      For the time being these are my current specs D:
      [IMG]
      [IMG]
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Specs are in my signature. Not much more to say about it. It looks like every other iMac. Here it is sitting on my desk.

[IMG]
    • Jan 10, 2009
      yours is nice too i was going to take the AMD route with an asus motherboard and all but that i5 was just to hard to pass up.

oh my second monitor just came in and i hooked it up. looks nice. finally i can freaking multitask like a baus. i want a third one now >.> but i just dont have the deskspace without moving my tower to the floor. fuuuuuuuu i need to figure something out for it to work and save my beans for the the monitor as well.
    • Feb 1, 2011
      [IMG]
      I dunno how you guys get the fancy screenshots of your specs. All I know how to do is dxdiag. If there's a free website scanner or something, link me and I'll get a better pic of my specs!
    • Feb 18, 2011
      All you do is open up your comp and look at what it says on there.

Most of them bought parts for it so they know what they specifically are.
    • Jan 10, 2009
      @dillinger i have an account on OverClock.Net. and there is a rig builder feature that is why mine is all fancy. and what @Anathema said.
    • Aug 8, 2010
      Happy to share my processes with you. Here is a step by step of what I did to get pics in website. It is easy once you are setup.

• The first thing is to download paint.net it is free and easy to use www.paint.net lol
      • Then setup your Desktop in whatever fasion you wish to display as an image and Ctrl+PrtScn then Ctrl+V into Paint.net
      • There you will have an image. you must Save as, jpeg
      • The program then will allow you to make the detail lessen for file size adjustments (handy dandy)
      • From there I suggest you get a Photobucket Account, its free. http://photobucket.com/
      • Photobucket makes it easy as hell to upload pics and then gives u a direct link to the pic for sharing purposes
      • Click insert/edit image on forum u wish to post to then use direct link. Doneski!
      • Also, I use the Snipping Tool built into Windows Vist/7 as well as Mac. Not sure what it is called on Mac.
      • Allows you to Cut out anything on your desktop and save it as a jpeg. I think it defaults to png. watch out.
      • Peniswrinkle.
      So there you have a little tootie. Enjoys!
    • Jan 10, 2009
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Aug 8, 2010
        --------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--------------------------------
        LOL lotta stickers :razz:
        Amazing Rig dood!!
      • Nov 29, 2010
        My computer's not the best, but not the worst.
        Internals:
        i7 870 2.9 Ghz Quad
        Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 580 OC 915 mhz
        Intel 320 160gb SDD
        2x 1tb HDD
        16gb Ram
        650W PSU
        Antec 900
        5x 120mm Fans
        1x 200mm Fan

Peripherals
        Sony 56" 1080p LCD Tv (Not in shot)
        Samsung 120hz 3D 1080p LED Monitor
        Samsung 60hz 1080p LED Monitor
        Corsair k90 Gaming Keyboard
        Corsair Vengeance 1500 Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound Headset
        5.1 Surround sound speaker system
        Razer Mamba Wired/Wireless Mouse
        Wacom Intuos 4 Wireless Tablet

[IMG]
      • Jan 10, 2009
        @Clam Chowder you see this >> i7 870 2.9 Ghz Quad << overclock it! lolz oh and how are you using your PS3 controller with your computer? i am using the DS3 tool currently but i'm open to alternatives.

@masterchodda yep. stickers. i even have an EVGA one on the rear of the case. they all will be removed soon maybe to make it look cleaner. also thanks again for props on my rig :smile:
      • Nov 29, 2010
        When I get a better mobo, i'll overclock, I also use DS3 and configure it as a xbox 360 controller. (Not to mention my ps3 is hidden behind my monitors)
      • Jan 10, 2009
        ahh okay. why do you set it to a 360 controller?
      • Nov 29, 2010
        Because 90% of games out there configured to the xbox 360 controller since the ps3 is unusable on its own without 3rd party software
      • Dec 6, 2011
        PS3 Controller is arguably good for a few games out there if your used to the controls (though I'm not). Not much of a difference between the two.

Current System Specs:

Case: Some shitty Mid tower Dell
        CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 @2.7
        GPU: AMD Diamond 6770 clocked at 960/1445
        RAM: Some random 1.5GBx4 sticks
        Motherboard: Some random one.
        HDD: Seagate 500GB
        Optical Drive: Some shitty one that came with my Dell.
        PSU (used from my new build that's coming in a week): 1000w Rosewill 80 Plus Bronze

Build that's coming in a week:

Case: Silverstone Raven RV02-Evolution
        CPU: 2500k w/ CM V6 GT Aftermarket Cooler, OC'ing to 4.5GHz the first day I get my comp, like a boss.
        GPU: GTX 680 (buying when Released in April), or 7970 if the 680's price/performance ratio is terrible like the 580.
        RAM: 4x4GB PNY @1600
        Mobo: ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Z68
        HDD: Probably the one from my current system
        SSD: OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III
        Optical Drive: Some random cheap one I'll use twice
        PSU 1000w Rosewill 80 Plus Bronze

(I also plan on watercooling the whole thing around early-mid summer)
        Example of what it will look like (aiming for this exactly):
        [IMG]

Going to laser engrave this on the side above the window: "Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling, by the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore"