Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Post your Rig/Workstation/Computer/"Battlestation"

Discussion in Hardware Hangout started by Clam Chowder, Jan 19, 2011

1. Feb 18, 2011
    [IMG]
  2. Jan 10, 2009

lol no by stable i meant long enough for me to grab a screenshot of cpu-z for fun mostly. but i have it at 3.8ghz for now until i can get an aftermarket cpu cooler.

and the water-cooling will have to come later. money is a little tight around here but within the next few months hopefully!
  3. Feb 18, 2011
    You make me feel bad about having a computer I diddnt make myself. This goes for all of you.
  4. Nov 29, 2010
  5. Apr 6, 2011
    I dont feel like taking a pic but I travel a lot so I have a dell xps 15 custom built for networking and gaming.. My roommates always got mad at me because my laptop is better than their desktops... hehe.
  6. Jan 10, 2009
    send me $60 for a replacement fan?

i don't have the money right now to replace it. :frown: soon though. or ill just wait till i get it under water.
  7. Feb 20, 2011

[IMG]
  8. May 28, 2011
  9. Nov 14, 2010

[Computer Properties]
    Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard Company
    Rating: 5.0 (Windows Experience Index)
    Processor: AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 Processor 3.00 GHz
    Installed memory (RAM): 8.00GB
    System type: 64-bit Operating System
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium

[DxDiag Info]
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    Display driver name: ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Approx. Total Memory: 243 MB
    Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32bit) (60Hz)
    Sound1 card name: Logitech Speakers 5.1 (Realtek High Definition)
    Sound2 card name: AMD HDMI Output (AMD High Definition Audio)

So as you can see... My computer isn't fantastic.
  10. Jul 1, 2010
    System Information
    ------------------
    Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
    System Model: GA-890XA-UD3
    Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz (Black Box)
    Memory: 8192MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (6870)

Custom built in a HAF 932 case... I've replaced some of the stock fans with Scythe S-FLEX fans.
  11. Aug 5, 2010
    Mine is sorda like Harvey's. Lots and lots of old computers monitors and printers lol.
  12. Jan 21, 2011
  13. Oct 22, 2007
    Brownie wait and get the XSPC RAYSTORM... 60 bucks and that block is a beast, lower restriction on flow than any of the blocks out and second place in heat by .3C or so from the koolance block. Basically the best cpu block out atm. Why get a cooler if you are gonna go water? It will just set you back longer on parts and have a useless cooler layin around.

Also brownie it looks like you could drop 2 360 rads if you wanted in that hdd area, if you found a way to mount the drive somewhere else or a different way, or 2 240's and they would give great temps, depending on if gpu is in loop or not. Could go res,pump, rad, cpu, rad, gpu, res and the circle continues...

Pic of rig will be up next week sometime... Gotta convert one more card over with block and back plate, prime the tubing loop and leak test. Can't wait for my cards to be under water... Already cut my case and all for my bottom rad, fun times...
  14. Jan 10, 2009
    funny you mention any of that. those were all of my thought exactly. i looked up the raystorm this morning in class and instantly had to have it. also i figured i was going to skip out on the heatsink because of this. and i was planning either a single loop with everything in it or two separate loops. :grin: viva ARE YOU IN MY BRAIN???

what would be a good pump? i think i want to get the res/pump you have from DD. and what size tubing should i do. i want compression fittings.

//edit//

was looking at a rad set up like this kinda like you mentioned.

[IMG]
  15. Oct 22, 2007
    Brownie some good sites to look around and see what you want is sidewindercomputers.com http://aquatuning.us/ i try and stay away from frozencpu and such, they are usually more expensive. The Danger Den monsoon premium is what i went with becuase it hides the pump more that the monsoon res. The pump it uses is a 655 pump and i went with the swiftech vario so i could speed to flow rate up or down. Besides there is a limit to how much flow helps and i tried for lower noise. All the 655 pumps are basically the same, just a rebadge on the pump (lame but how it works). Fittings wise i heard 3/8inner diameter tubing can be bent around better but i went 1/2in and 3/4in od to have the maxium amount of water moved in the loop. Look at bitspower for compression fittings, fyi they add up quick ex. is a straight one is 8 bucks and a 45 or 90degree is 15, so they add up quick, but look great. They don't really restrict flow like people say, researched into it and by using the raystorm you helped yourself out with restriction a great deal.

FAN LINK, they rock and i tole them lazy man from WCM is where i heard about them.
    fans i would look at these, only have two on my gpu loop 240 rad and i think it will handle them perfectly, will know around tues/wed gotta work till mon AM. sigh
    Heard some fans don't work great on the side so i will ask. FACEBOOK GROUP WESTCOASTMODS, join that, part of that group and you can get alot of help, it's a modding pc group.
    Radiator really is up to you i spent more for a thermochill, but i figured if i was dumpin the money into the system and have spent as much as i have, a little more wont hurt.

Last idea i was thinking is if you are only watercooling the cpu and gpu one loop would work and if you use 1 360 for the cpu *i like to give it the best ability to cool* and another 360 for the gpu, you would be set, but you can use a 240 for a gpu, hence i am using one for both my 6970's.
  16. Dec 17, 2010
    I only have one thing to say. Where is the door at? [IMG]
  17. Jan 10, 2009
    again thanks a lot for the info viva! i think i have it planned out for the most part.

next part. buy the dang stuff.
  18. Oct 22, 2007
    I don't video edit stuff, blow me... MY rig through the stages and the last seconds are it finished as well as the first Pic...

19. May 15, 2011

[IMG]

It's not the best but it does its job.