Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Power is completely out

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by Zenzr, Jun 16, 2014

1. Jul 8, 2012
    Well here in southwest Wisconsin power is completely out. We have zero power in town and the generators for our emergency services (my dad being a firefighter) are failing. We've been fighting debris and gas along with buildings being torn apart for the last 2 hours. I'd post some pics but I didn't get any good ones. Is anyone else affected by this storm?

We got a mass emergency text from my campus to not come near campus. What did I do? I drove there. Holy. shit. Windows smashed, trees down. Gas leaks that are extremely near fires. This shit is intense.

A little thought and what not tonight for all of our emergency services workers in SW Wisconsin would be nice. My dad is one of them, and I know they won't get to sleep for a few hours at least. If not at all tonight. I'm not going to lie I'm a little scared.

The worst part is today was the start of camps for numerous things across campus. And the dorm the 5-10 year old kids were at was evacuates because there were multiple gas leaks close to fires. Luckily I don't think anyone's hurt yet. But it's far from over.

I hope all the rest of you PF are safe tonight. Because I know some of the people in my town are without entire homes right now.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
  2. Jul 8, 2012

uploadfromtaptalk1402987427233

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dec 10, 2013
      Oh wow Zenzr, hope everything is alright with your people and you out there.

To answer your question, fortunately or not I am not being affected by that as I'm not even from there. I still hope you and your family and everyone from there will hopefully get past this soon and this won't be nothing but a story from the past to remember when it's over :smile:

Best wishes and good luck for you and all your people!
    • Jul 8, 2012
      They're luckily getting things under control. Relief came from a few other towns from other around us. But it sounds like things are starting to look up. That's good at least.

• Apr 1, 2012

JUDGMENT DESCENDS UPON THEE!

In case of Apocalyptic thunderstorm and torrential rain
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402990187274535
      • Funny Funny x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012

[IMG]

• Apr 1, 2012
        You should check the debris for any stray Snicker bars or wrapped burritos.

And maybe 50 cent coins.
        • Winner Winner x 2
        • Like Like x 1
        • Feb 25, 2014
        • Nov 29, 2012
          Hope everything is okay and that you guys get power soon, it's scary when storms knock it out. We had a blackout in my little area after some tornadic storms before. Wasn't fun. :/ Prayers to you and your state and all the states affected by the storms.
        • Feb 13, 2014
          Scary stuff when this happens. Glad to hear things are starting to look up, hope it continues to do so.

I remember living in Halifax, NS when the hurricane hit there, devastated the whole area. Same sort of deal, everything was without power, homes were lost. The first places that re-opened after everything was over was the Beer Store and one Tim Hortons... that's Canada for you.
        • Jun 11, 2012
          Oh yeah, it's tornado season for you midwest. Stay safe. Protect your PC more than your life though.

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh2sWSVRrmo&feature=kp
        • Jun 10, 2011
          Aaaaaand this is why i'm glad I live in England.
        • Nov 29, 2010
          "Oh a rather nice shade of grey today."
          • Like Like x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          • Jul 8, 2012
            Haha. Yeah apparently it was a tornado. I didn't hear any sirens. But places are getting cleaned up. We finally got power at about 8 or 9 am this morning. But the damages are still out there.

• Jul 8, 2012
            I live on the north side of my town and luckily most of the damage was south.

• Jul 8, 2012
            Sad thing is I would have if it came anywhere near my part of town. But it didn't thankfully.