Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Predator has been removed?

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by DeM0nFiRe, Dec 20, 2011

1. Dec 20, 2011
    Tony Montana said in game that Predator has been removed, is this true?

If so, it should absolutely be brought back. It does not crash the server every time, it only crashes the server occasionally, in general I play it like twice a night and it only crashes maybe once every couple of weeks when I am on. Mako crashes the server too, why hasn't it been removed?

Predator is one of the few really good maps that is challenging without just being ridiculous. Nearly everyone likes predator.

Another issue with removing it is balance. There are 3 maps that are basically guaranteed to get tons of votes when thet come up, Minas, Pred and Mako. By removing pred, that means more time will be spent on each of the other. Since not everyone likes both of those maps (I like minas a lot, but I DETEST mako, for example :razz: I know some other people don't like minas) when you remove pred you're basically removing variety, and you're guaranteeing that most people will end up stuck on a map they don't like more often.
  2. Oct 27, 2010

Predator was removed temporarily due its severe lag issues which can be addressed, the problem arose following a steam update a little while back. Many people are Ray is working on fixing the issue and the map should be back on the server once it is addressed.

As for three maps being played frequently, they are popular maps and people do like to play them when they can. However they can only be played once every few hours or so, so there is still a good deal of variety on the server.
  3. Dec 20, 2011
    I believe you can play a particular map 1 in every 8 maps. Generally each of these maps will be extended when the first vote comes up, so it usually ends up being like 2 minas, 2 mako, 2 predator, and then 1 each of 5 other maps, so right now, basically, 6 out of every 11 20 minute periods are one of these three maps. Add to the fact that the other 5 maps are generally far more likely to be RTV'd before the 20 minute period comes up, and there's a really high period that those 3 maps are played compared to any other.
  4. Oct 27, 2010
    According to this past weeks statistics it seems that Mako and Minas were played about 17% of the time. Predator is a big favorite and will be re-added soon. Take this time to enjoy the multitude of other ZE maps available :razz:
    [IMG]
  5. Feb 18, 2011
    In the past two week or so Predator has crashed the server around 80-90% of the time that was the primary reason it was removed.
  6. Dec 20, 2011
    I am pretty sure that's by the amount of times that the server changes to those maps, and does not account for the fact that those maps get extended and other maps get rtv'd before the end. Predator + Mako + Minas account for 40% of all server changes, would be my guess, but probably closer to 60 or 70% of actual playtime.

Also, if it was a matter of enjoying the other maps, it wouldn't be a problem, but as I figured, there's more time being spent on mako. I just leave the server when mako is on, which it is right now :razz:

Honestly I think it would be great if there were more maps that we could play more often, but it's not going to work that way. Until predator comes back, minas and mako will be played a lot, and then 6 instead of 5 maps will get rtv'd after 15 minutes :razz:

I really hope predator will get back on the server soon, because it's a good fun map and helps keep us from staying on one of the other two maps for too long or too often.

@Pac I must just be super lucky, because pred hasn't crashed once when I played it in the last 2 weeks.
  7. Aug 18, 2006
    Nope. It's just me that's working on it. :mellow:

I want to fix the ammo lag issue as soon as possible. Once that is fixed I'll re-add Predator.
  8. Dec 20, 2011
    Ahh, well, if it's going to be down for a couple days or whatever so the issue can be fixed, I'm not trying to rush anyone or anything. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be removed permanently. Plaguefest is basically the last active ZE server, and it's a cool one. I want it to stay cool :grin:
  9. Aug 18, 2006
    A couple days? We'll see. That's a bit ambitious considering we've had this problem for a little while, and I can't seem to fix it... I'll make it work though.
  10. Dec 20, 2011
    47 hours, 43 minutes now. Best stop wasting time! Just kidding :razz: What I really meant is I dont want it to end up just being forgotten about, it's a great map/
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    It wont, don't worry people love that map including me. Not only was it causing problems but whenever we crashed we went right back to playing predator within 8 min. It was becoming very, very annoying.