Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Predator Ultimate Legit Win

Discussion in Entertainment started by mathroy3, Mar 10, 2013

1. Apr 3, 2011
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Jun 11, 2012
      GREEN BLOOD, NOT LEGIT, GLITCH WIN, 420 BLAZE KUSH....insert more stupid remarks for me here .
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Nov 11, 2011
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 4, 2012
          Still pissed that I was killed by the pred while shooting at zombies.
        • Jul 23, 2012
          yay for pushgun. :victory:
        • Apr 9, 2012
          It can't be more legit than this. So I hope people look at this video to understand what a legit win is!

This should be... the fourth or fifth time by now :smile:? Still the least won map, but I get the feeling that people begin to know how to beat predator properly, so that's really nice!
          Pushgun was perfect, and lol at @Doctor on the mic by the end "you got no excuse for not killing the alien"

Congratz to anyone and not to me for not being there :crying:
          • Like Like x 2
          • Mar 26, 2012
          • Apr 1, 2012
            Luff, why do you have to use alien device when pred is in ragemode?
            also why do the grenade launcher and mines have such a small aoe?
          • Jan 14, 2012
            My demo for the enthusiast. Started recording from when we got to ultimate, so there are also some fails and fail rounds in there. Go to frame 132.000 to watch the legit win round! Frame 150.000 for the beginning of the predator fight.

Very nice guys!

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
            • Feb 19, 2012
              Actually, it could be more legit than this.

Unfortunately, it's hard to decide if this is a legit win or not because of the glitch. If the alien wasn't glitched, its possible that everyone in that back would have died before the alien died. The people in the middle of the room seemed to still be alive even though the alien went right through them, and quite a few people seemed to die before the alien did, so i'm not quite certain if this is legit or not. It would be an easier process if Luffaren actually updated pred and removed the glitch, lol.

Anyway, it's a nice win regardless, so good work.

Here is what you said in the other thread about this particular win:
              I agree with what you said in the other thread.

That, and Luffaren himself posted in this thread, and didn't actually confirm whether or not it was a glitch win, so the legitness of this win is still in the air. However, technical aspects aside, what I want to say is this is PROBABLY as legit a win Plaguefest can achieve until the bug is removed. And while Luffaren is at it, fixing the unlimited ammo bug would be nifty too.

What we need is for Luff to actually say whether he believes its legit or not, posting emoticons isnt really helping, lol. This was -ALREADY- a controversial win in the other topic, with nobody quite 100% convinced its legit, so i dont see any reason to change opinions now.

edit: Luffaren has spoken. It is legit! Whooo!
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
                ZombieFurbie, Mar 11, 2013 Last edited by ZombieFurbie, Mar 11, 2013
              • Jan 14, 2012
                Maybe we could all ask @Luffaren very nicely to maybe release V3_1 with a few (altough not really needed) optimizations and a different room in the end? :giggle:

Predator is in my opinion still the best map out there for Zombie Escape. It looks great, awesome boss fight, great music, ze_predator_ultimate_v3 has got it all. No room for solo wins, every player must play well to win and real team work is required. Still love it!
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Apr 20, 2011
                  nah i talk to luff about it long time he say no
                • Feb 24, 2011
                  I'm sorry to inform you that i goofed up back when creating V3, as i saved no backups of the .vmf. (i decompiled the map to only find lots of missing props/brushes/entities in a complete messy mish-mash-mush :frown: )
                  I'm not too concerned about it, though i think it's sad that the lagevator, the ammo item, the grenade launcher and the alien glitch still remains unfixed. Other that that i would proudly announce it as fully playable.

The predators HP is divided in two states/parts, one for the "normal mode" and one for the "rage mode" which unlocks as you get to it. Using the alien device will subtract 600 hits from the current HP pool if i remember correctly. You're not really forced to use it there, but it's strongly recommended to use it there in order to kill the predator as fast as possible when he reaches rage mode.
                  A basic strategy which i think might be the most efficient IMO:
                  - everyone except 5-10 players throw away their nades exactly as he lands.
                  - as he reaches ragemode use the alien device near the zombies in order to slow as many zombies down in order to hold them off easier (as for decreasing predator HP ofc)

I personally think the mines are alright AoE-wise, as you can plant them down in strategic places.
                  Though i do agree on that the AoE for the grenade launcher is too small, i think it might be the trigger being killed off too fast aswell (which makes it a miss for most zombies you hit). Sorry about that.

I see this as fully legit, a great win at that. This is still my own personal favorite though: :angel:

I implied that i approved the win as legit with that smiley *IMO*, apologies for the lack of detail in my post above.

Right on!
                • Oct 29, 2010

[IMG]
                  • Funny Funny x 4
                  • Winner Winner x 1
                  • Apr 3, 2011
                    Oh and I forgot, thanks to Luff for making the map! If he didn't, I would not have beaten it and make my DAY! :grin:
                    • Friendly Friendly x 1
                    • Jun 11, 2012
                      I'm guessing the whole team got decimated in the room and you lived :razz:
                    • Jul 23, 2012
                      No, our lord and savior Meeko successfully solo'd the predator, solo'd the alien, and was able to hold off 41 zombies on his own.
                      Long live the king.

By the way Mathroy, use the voice_loopback 1 command to make your CS:S videos seem more authentic. It's what I do with mine :smile:
                      • Informative Informative x 3
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Feb 3, 2012
                      • Feb 11, 2012
                        Im not so sure about that..how bout industrial dejavu.
                        Post Merged, Mar 11, 2013
                        I realize while watching this video, my headset mic was on mute because i was talking the entire round lol...derp