Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Prediction

Discussion in Everything & Anything started by teemo, Aug 27, 2015

1. Feb 8, 2013
    Teemo be bringing back the dead. Necro'd.
  2. Oct 24, 2013
    My prediction came through.....as in it never happened and I seem to not understand what that word really means.
  3. Feb 24, 2011
    From what i'd understand Zombie:GO is our next thing. If you compare CSS and CSGO in playercount the difference is just too big.
    Even if the biggest part of CSGO is diddling their matchmaking/comp games, players stream in/out on the community servers like crazy.
    I've been playing on other servers, pretty much seeing new players on constantly.
    "woah what's this gamemode?"
    "how do i play this?"
    "what is our goal here?"

If we make ourselves visible on the radar a bit more, people should join in more often.
    https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/zego.plaguefest.com:27015/
    server_rank

We climbed the ranks quite a bit by simply getting between 10-30 people on every night for a week.
    As long as we keep helping out by joining/inviting people we should soon get stable, to the point where we don't need to invite actively.
    There is however some work that needs to be done on the server-side of things. Tweaking, fixes, updating/adding maps, etc. It's a work in progress.
    I'm unavailable for this week due to work, so i won't be there to invite/yell at people until next week. But that's no excuse that you fellas shouldn't diddle if up! :chic:
    I heard today that you got some players on yesterday (around ~10 or so) which is good, keep it active.

Skärmklipp

JOIN ZE:GO (click here, it should work)!

*EDIT*
    Damn, it didn't work. Just open the console and type in:
    connect zego.plaguefest.com > Enter
    Post Merged, May 24, 2016
    By the way, i can see two people on already. Join them!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Jan 25, 2014
      You should have tony or dani take over in your week of being gone! that way you get a break too!
    • Feb 24, 2011
      @Tony The Tiger @Dani The Tiger, join join!
      There's already 3 people on, let's get the party started!
    • Jan 25, 2014
    • Feb 27, 2012
      I will be home soon, dont you worry luffy :heart:
    • Jan 25, 2014
      You should find a way to invite recent players on the server? that way to you invite players that have already checked it out and build up a regular base from that.
    • Mar 26, 2012
    • Jan 5, 2014
      DISCLAIMER: NOT TRYING TO SHIT ON, INSULT, OR BLAME ANYONE

As far as I can tell, nobody shows consistent leadership on this issue. It's like everyone's mentally checked out. From the players to the leadership, there doesn't seem to be a strong effort towards regrowing PlagueFest. Most of the effort, at least on the LSA/Management side, mostly seems to be maintenance.

And I'm not saying that's a bad thing, or a particular person's or group of peoples' fault. People have lives, jobs, IRL hobbies, and so-on. But there's always this notion of "uhh, you do it". There's always someone that says, "ZE is dead let's bring it back" or "CS:S is dead, move to CS:GO". Great, those are all fantastic ideas. Now, who's willing to put in the effort to consistently grow back PlagueFest's community? There's a reason why many organizations have dedicated event planners, project managers, and etc. There has to be someone who's committed to consistently creating events, advertise, instill hype/passion towards the community, and so-on.

Again, I'm not saying that anyone is bad person for NOT doing this. It's just easy for players to go "fucking management does nothing" or for LSA/Management to go "okay why don't you do something". Nobody, on any side, is willing to step up to do the extra mile.

And that's totally fine, this is a volunteer community and it's not like anyone in particular is morally responsible for doing it. It's not their job to do it. But the results reflect the action (or lack of action) done. If you want extraordinary results, you have to do extraordinary things.

(This is why I don't really bitch about the dwindling ZM population. I don't do shit to improve the situation, so I won't bitch about it.)
      • Winner Winner x 1
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Jun 29, 2014
        1.6 has more players then css , you would be better off going to that then hanging on to css, dump it and focus on GO.
      • Apr 9, 2012
        CS:S simply has nothing to offer over 1.6 and GO.

CS 1.6 = Nostalgia
        CS:GO = Active (13+mil players per month)
        CS:S = ...?
      • Jan 25, 2014
        we tried to have this but it was shot down in a previous thread
      • Dec 30, 2006
        How was this shot down? Link thread please.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        TL;DR a drawback of such a tight-knit community: the core PF population aged and fell into complacency past the point of no return
      • Feb 8, 2013
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 28, 2014