Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Primary Lock

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Tony The Tiger, Jan 16, 2016

1. Feb 27, 2012
    This program will lock your cursor on to your primary monitor. So if in games you accidentally tab out by dragging your cursor over to your other monitor and clicking, this will solve that issue. Works well, i have used it for quite some time. As long as it is running, your mouse will be confined to your primary display.

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/http://s382701517.online.de/apps/PrimaryLock.zip

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
    • Jan 21, 2011
      Some games don't bind the cursor to the window. If you move your mouse outside the window onto another monitor and click, you lose control of the game and have to alt+tab back to it.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Apr 9, 2007
      • Oct 29, 2010
        Would actually be nice for Diablo, but just to make sure I'm understanding this correctly, it would prevent me from going to another monitor even if I tabbed out of the game of my own volition?
      • Jun 4, 2006
        If only all games had borderless window mode... it's still annoying though even if it doesn't cause the game to minimize, you need to click back on the game to focus it after you've realized what happened to your mouse and during that time you could easily get killed or drive your car off a cliff or whatever. Also crossfire doesn't work unless the game is full screen (last I checked anyway, I no longer have two radeon cards).
      • Oct 29, 2010
        The issue this fixes occurs on borderless windowed in some games as well.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It locks your pimary display at all times. So if you're in windows or in a game.

Yes, you would have to close the program if you wanted to move over to another monitor. It's kind of annoying, but i haven't found anything else that does this yet. Would be nice if you could have applications that this would apply to so you didn't have to close it when you tabbed out.
      • Feb 8, 2013
        Happened to me before. It was annoying. Though it only happens when I swipe my mouse too quickly for it to realize I'm capping my main monitor.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        This pretty much kills it for me, unfortunately. Kinda ruins the point of even playing in borderless windowed with multiple monitors.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Feb 13, 2014
          Outside to GTAV I have never had an issue with this, even in bordered window mode.
        • Feb 27, 2012
          It may be an issue for some, maybe not all. For me it happens a lot since i use my side mouse buttons for push to talk for teamspeak, so when i press and i accidentally have my cursor off on another monitor, it tabs me out.
        • Feb 13, 2014
          I use the same buttons for TeamSpeak. I haven't run into other games that have made this an issue? Which games are you having trouble with?
        • Feb 27, 2012
          It's all games and all of my friends have the same issues. Do you have your mouse buttons for forward/back, or do they simulate a key on your keyboard?
        • Feb 13, 2014
          They are for forward/back. I suppose my question would be are you playing fullscreen borderless fullscreen or windowed
        • Feb 27, 2012
        • Apr 28, 2013
          Thanks Tony! Hope it works with skyrim! the mouse glitches out for me in that game.
        • Feb 13, 2014
          That's interesting, I have never had this issue with fullscreen and have been running dual monitors for years. =\