Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Probably a bad suggestion

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by tallahassee, Jul 24, 2011

1. Jul 13, 2011
    So I was thinking over the last couple of maps on various PF servers and I came back to the idea of the predator zombie from when i started playing on reload servers and I just wanted to throw out this possibly bad suggestion of making a predator zombie (with invisibility) instead of the crab head zombie.

Sorry for bad grammar, I failed language arts almost every year.
  2. Feb 18, 2011
    No offense, but I have no idea what your trying to suggest.
  3. Sep 25, 2010
    He is saying to replace the head-crab zombie with a predator zombie that is invisible.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
  5. Jan 21, 2011
    1. All the predator models are lame
    2. Predators aren't zombies
  6. Jun 11, 2011
    That idea gets :down: :down:
  7. Feb 18, 2011
    Why would we need it?
  8. Jan 5, 2007
    I don't think the idea is that bad really, I've suggested invisible zombies before.

Back in the day when we only had one or two servers, and far less admins, I used to set up mini gamemodes on ZM by making the starting zombies invisible. I don't recall ever seeing a single player complain about it, and people seemed to enjoy it and work together more instead of just trolling around and being stupid all the time. I can't really see the harm in testing it out, just to see how people like it or not.
  9. Jul 13, 2011
    at least some1 doesn't think it's a completely awful idea....thnx reaper.
  10. Mar 25, 2011
    It's a great idea, but it wouldn't work now due to the overwhelming majority of players being <10. That along with the trolls, and ragers makes it impossible.

It would be nice to have more zombie classes though (HEADCRAB GOD DAMN IT). On gmod their is a noxiousnet zombie survival server that i enjoy, takes some notes from it, it has a very good range of zombie classes. (normal zombie, headcrab, ghoul (it's just toxic), fast headcrab, fast zombie, poison zombie, chem zombie, etc.).
  11. Sep 6, 2010
    hmm never have had an experience with an invisible zombie. I'd add more HP to mother zombies though.
  12. Feb 20, 2011
    You're right, that is a bad suggestion [IMG]
  13. Jan 5, 2007
    The advantage to Plaguefest getting all their shiny new server hardware means we can set up servers to test out various things before we stick it on the main one. I can't really see any harm in testing out the invisible zombies on a separate server to see what people think of it.

I've played on that GMod ZS server before, and have to say that it's one of the worst ones. Noxious servers are heavy on the 'donation items' and seem to show worse elitism than even HG players do. But I do agree that the different zombie classes could be interesting. Unfortunately, not all of them are feasible for ZombieMod since the game play between ZS and ZM is quite different.
  14. Mar 13, 2010
    >>Back in the day when we only had one or two servers, and far less admins...
    >>Back in the day when we only had one or two servers...
    >>Back in the day...

You mean like the beginning of last year? xD When I joined we had the one ZM server and were in the process of setting up a ZE server (which everyone hated the idea of, and thought would fail) and that was about it.

About the idea though, I'd like to see random changes each round made to ZM. Depending on what we do, I think it'd be pretty fun to have someone spawn an invisible zombie for example and just wreak havoc.
  15. Jan 5, 2007
    I think it would add a lot more variety and make the game feel less repetitive. When I would set the starting zombies to invisible, not a single person ever complained about it. If anything, I actually had people asking me to do it more often.
  16. Mar 13, 2010
    Was that an admin related thing? Is it not done by a plug in or something?
  17. Jan 5, 2007
    I would just use a console command to set the alpha of the zombies to 0, which would make them invisible. The only way to know they were there is if you saw the knife floating around, put your crosshair over them, or saw the guy next to you suddenly get stabbed in the back.
  18. May 15, 2011
    Invisible zombies sound fun.

It will add a bit of fun for those who feel safe then get their ass raped by air.

I like the headcrabs. They're itchy.

Or are you talking about the Combine Zombie?

In which case I'm all for it.
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    Headcrab zombie != half zombie.