Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Problem with ZE players in ZM

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Joshy, May 5, 2014

1. May 31, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dec 10, 2013
      Lol Joshy, the way you jump on zombies and kill them reminds me of how you do the same in Left 4 Dead 2, you jump on a zombie and it kills him :razz:
    • Apr 24, 2012
    • Oct 13, 2011
      1. Record a demo, play it and use fraps to record your screen (Not recommended)
      2. You can try source recorder, but it'll take forever. (Meh)
      3. VirtualDub, might take a while to figure out how it works, but this is a good program and it's free. (Awww yiss)
      4. Another programs you can use to convert demos to avi
    • Jan 14, 2012
    • Feb 27, 2012
      It's horrendous. The only reason everyone uses it is because it's so well known. I'll list off some of the issues i have with it or have experienced.
      1. Audio and Video aren't Sync'd up, pretty much always
      2. Frame rate is horrible no matter how you adjust the settings
      3. The file sizes for recordings are ridiculously large.
      4. When it starts a new ~4GB file, it freezes and lags for a few seconds (for some reason it records into several 4GB files, i guess for FAT 32 support)
      5. Quality for how much power it takes to record isn't worth it
      6. Video sometimes just doesn't work period, and all you'll get is sound out of the recorded file, so you have a 4GB 5 Minute sound file, congratulations!
      The pros
      1. It has a handy FPS counter
      I use ShadowPlay. It records to a temporary location at all times when you're in a game. You can adjust it to your liking, and the most you can set it to is record the last 20 minutes. Then you press a hotkey, default being ALT+F10, and it saves the demo. The file size for a 20 minute demo is about 4.5GB. That's a quarter of the disk space required for Fraps. Then when you toss it through something like Windows Movie Maker to compress it, it will go down to about 1GB (probably less, i haven't rendered a whole 20 minute video). Also the frame rate is amazing, and it doesn't even lag your game. It's literally not noticeable when it's running in the background. You can't tell when you've got it on and when you don't. If you have a nVidia 600 or 700 series card, you can use it and that's the only downside. So if you've got an ATI card or a 500 series GTX or lower, sorry.
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Oct 13, 2011
        ^ This

Also, why would you sit down and wait 5 minutes to record your demo again when you can convert it.
      • Mar 26, 2012
        I think I am more known for playing ZM now, lol. Everytime I join ZE, people say "Go back to ZM, Aprz!" :[

Joshy and I use Open Broadcast Software. It was recommended by Lord Kyle who shall not be tagged.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 1, 2013
        • Oct 13, 2011

Looks messed up with lights on, I'll fix it and we'll have our fake tag for kyle lol

Edit2: Meh
          • Funny Funny x 2
            Cat, May 5, 2014 Last edited by Drunk Cat, May 5, 2014
          • Feb 27, 2012
            • Informative Informative x 1
            • May 31, 2012
              Joshy, May 5, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, May 5, 2014
            • Mar 30, 2013
              Bandicam is a good recording software (get the complete software for no Bandicam.com at the top of the screen)
            • Jun 11, 2012
              This is a limitation of the free version I believe. I record continuous raw avi files that go on for more than 4GB (biggest I had was 40GB). If you are using the free version then yes it breaks it down. Fraps was designed to give you a raw avi which is why it's popular, easier manipulation with raw to lose quality then you use compressed.

Mass Effect with a FLACC audio stream playing in the background raw avi that was manipulated in VirtualDub then put in a mp4 container. So math will go: Raw AVI is 22GB, container is 558MB, quality loss is small on youtube. I can upload the mp4 container for comparison.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n2ASd0BTM8

I like the raw avi dump I'm getting instead of the compressed dump. Easier to manipulate raw because the conversion it goes through destroys quality.

via https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGqCZ_DgLOs

So again, it's the limitation of the free version you guys had issues with. And if you say ShawdowPlay is free...you pay 200$+ for a GPU to use it so don't you bring that hot butter over here. I used it and compared with Fraps and I can't get the same quality.
              • Mapping King Mapping King x 1
                Benderius, May 5, 2014 Last edited by Benderius, May 5, 2014
              • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
              • Nov 17, 2012
                Fraps is still the best IMO, I've never had any of the issues you guys speak of. The file size is large yes, but it's uncompressed Footage which is exactly what any high-quality Video / YouTuber wants. They will put in into a rendering software and edit it etc. the file will be compressed once finished but the quality will still look good.

Those dual elite skins :3 omg

One of the main servers I play is Split ZE / ZM and often I end up just running around the ZM map trying to survive as I find hiding in a corner or building a cade rather boring :3
              • Jul 8, 2012

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
              • May 31, 2012
                  Joshy, May 11, 2014 Last edited by Joshy, May 11, 2014
                • Mar 30, 2012
                  1)Bullshit. I've never had any issues with FRAPS syncing. It must be on your end.
                  2)Framerate isn't horrible if you have a proper setup. Don't run FRAPS and the game on a single HDD.
                  3)The file size is big, and should be big, because its a RAW .avi dump. Best quality, hands down.
                  4)You're using an old, pirated version of FRAPS. Buy it, or at least pirate an up to date version.
                  5)That is only if your computer setup doesn't support it.
                  6)Purely a problem on your end.

Please don't talk shit without knowing what you're talking about. Oki?
                  ShadowPlay is really good. I've moved onto using it from FRAPS, simply because I'm lazy, and don't mind losing some quality; It'll still look really good if compared to FRAPS.
                  Obviously rendering settings come into play here, as well, but that's another thing completely.
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Nov 17, 2012

ShadowPlay is so gud, I often forget I even have it running. No performance difference at all.