Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Problemo

Discussion in Help Desk started by Jessyrosegirl, Nov 15, 2011

1. Apr 11, 2011
    I'm having a problem chatting in game, I've asked a few people for help but they all ended up as clueless as I am. I even tried the legendary google but still no answers D:

Here's what happened: I was in game using my mic as I usually would when my steam chat disconnects (while still ingame), when it reconnects I couldn't talk in game whatsoever. Now when I launch css steam continues to disconnect me every now and then, maybe 1-3 times in a row. I also have a slightly different problem with another game, amnesia. It just closes completely after around 5-15 minutes. (I think steam games hate me)

Here's what I tried: I restarted my computer, when that didn't work I reinstalled steam, when that didn't work I noticed the time and date on my pc was completely out of wack. I had to synchronize it with an internet time server. Someone told me that could have effected it so after that I restarted my pc, re downloaded steam and all of my games buuuuuut it hasn't made a difference. I've already tried the obvious solutions such as making sure my voice communication keys are correct, making sure I had the right recording input device in, and I even tested the microphone via steam settings and ingame settings, they seem to work but when I press the button down to talk the mic icon appears although no one can hear me or see my name flash up. (tested it with my brother, I also tested this on a different server)

It's not that big of a deal but it's pretty frustrating lol, does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it? or has this happened to anyone of you? I need a little help :frown:
  2. Jul 4, 2011
  3. Jan 11, 2011
    Re-install the game? How can you do that?
    I think you'll have to pay again if you uninstall...
    :confused:
  4. Jan 21, 2011
  5. Jul 23, 2010
    Delete the game folder and reinstall it through Steam. You can save the saved games folder so you don't lose progress.
  6. Feb 18, 2011

Anyway are you sure its your computer? It could easily be your microphone. How old is it?
  7. Jan 11, 2011
  8. Apr 11, 2011
    My microphone works fine with everything else, and it works when I test the microphone with the ingame and steam settings, just doesn't go through when I actually try in game. (bought it a few months ago)
    @ Seraphine, I've tried that as well after I made sure all the obvious faults were fixed like the time synchronizing but the problem with the mic is still the same, I don't disconnect anymore though which is something good...THERE'S HOPE. nah i'm screwed.
  9. Jun 4, 2006
  10. Mar 12, 2008
    Do a virus scan. No joke. I don't know if this is related or not

But when the steam forums got hacked I was playing oblivion and then went to go make lunch. My virus scan auto-launched

And finished scanning while I was preparing my food. When I came back left4dead and another of my games came up as a Trojan.

Might be a virus blocking your permissions in CS.

Again I'm not sure if this is at all related but I just wanted to put this out here, in case it helps.
  11. Taters
    This message by Taters has been removed from public view.
    Nov 15, 2011