Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Project Hackintosh

Discussion in Software Sanctuary started by Zenzr, Jul 2, 2014

1. Jul 8, 2012
    So I've decided I want to try to install Mac on one of my spare drives.

I've followed the standard guides and I'm stuck. Does anyone have any experience with this?
    • Programming King Programming King x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007

Maybe hardware support is better now then it was, but still; it's not worth it unless if you're doing development with XCode. I would never confess how much time I spent on this a decade ago, and even more recently 3 years ago. Install it in a VM and be done with it. It's simply not worth it.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Jul 8, 2012
        I'm beginning to think so. I got so close to getting it to work too. I can get it to install, but I have to boot off my USB drive first. I basically have no drivers either. Oh well. Was a fun night trying though.
        • Mar 20, 2011
          I have done it all the time for testing. I run it in VMware but booting on native hardware is a bitch. I spent a lot of time to get it to boot to a old ass notebook I had once and to be honest it is not worth it because once there is an update to the mach kernel then it won't boot. Things have got better though with EFI loaders and crap. In the end, without proper kexts and stuff, its not even worth the time. VM it and call it a day.
          • Informative Informative x 1