Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Proposal about bodies disappearing time

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by SubDelt@, May 25, 2012

1. Feb 12, 2012
    As I know, on ZE bodies are disappearing in 3-5 seconds after player got killed. I think, if you reduce this time to 0, each death would look more epic.
    I got this idea from Alan Wake. Do you remember how do enemies dying in it? For those who didn't play the game, I got this video (rewind to 3:10 to see deaths):

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26X7DLHpVc4&feature=relmfu

I think, it looks pretty epic :angel:

Also, sometimes I see "cases", when 20 humans are trying to kill 1 half-zm, which died a long time ago, wasting time/ammo and not deffending the spot.

Well, it's just a proposal) Not a request or something.
    Thx for attention.

P.S. The game is awesome...
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
    • Apr 9, 2007
      Have an LSA tag me after everyone has come to a conclusion.
    • Jul 19, 2011
      i like this idea!!! sometimes when a half zombie dies from fire, hes body flies in toward humans and since its still on fire the humans turn and start shooting the dead zombie.
    • Feb 12, 2012
      That sounds badass! Maybe if we also changed the physics so they'd fly back and vanish just like in the video.
    • Nov 16, 2011
      Awww it's always so funny to see the flying corpse scare the shit out of everybody D: Plus the bodies are always fun to shoot in the MG servers.
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 12, 2012
        Neat idea, I think this will look awesome.

Sent From My HTC EVO
      • May 15, 2011
        This is for ZE not MG. For MG their would be no point. For ZE it has a purpose. A valid purpose.
      • Oct 29, 2010
        I love the realism and the genuine startled reactions resulting from that flying corpse. Moments like those = gold.

I oppose the OP's idea. Too unrealistic/artificial, IMO.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Apr 9, 2007

I have not viewed the video so hopefully it isn't like that other clown request.
        • Aug 18, 2006

Okay, but really, insta-disappearing corpses look awful. If you're fending off a couple zombies and they get killed, they'll disappear without you seeing a ragdoll effect. I don't like this idea. The current purpose of the ragdoll cleaner is to reduce client-side physics processing so you get better FPS. That is all.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • May 14, 2011
            The video depicts the body turning into light and vanishing. If made well it could work beautifully :smile:
          • Oct 17, 2011
            This is really nice to have but We already have the light vanishing thing after they disappear when dead but yeah, having them disappear would be better and easier for noobs to play the game.
          • May 14, 2011
            We could use the burning body rising up animation. I saw it at SG MG, but in our case it would activate 0.2 secs after death. Enough time for ragdoll and short enough to look instant.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE
          • Jul 19, 2011
            im ok with corpses, if there isn't a dead half-zombie on fire. there is literally no difference except that it is not moving. People start retreating on stage 3 minas the last holding point with the 5 guards because a dead halfzombie on fire flew inside.
          • Oct 29, 2010

It's a very trivial problem. All it takes to regain the defensive position is a double check on the corpse, followed by a brave soul on mic to confirm the half zombie is a dead zombie, no?
          • May 15, 2011
            I think I rushed on my vote. I didn't know the corpses lasted long enough that things like this happen. I think keep it the way it is, sounds like it adds some sort of dynamic to the gameplay. A very funny dynamic.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 12, 2008
            • Mar 12, 2008
              Well, the thing is, that's Alan Wake, and the mod we play on is on Source engine, which doesn't really have the best effects, and the effect for body disappearing is pretty bland and outdated. Also, you're exaggerating the half-zombie body problem, just shoot at it and stop, does it move? If not, it's dead, really, it's not that hard, and I've never head anyone else complain about it until now.