Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Proposed Voting System (Open Idea, Give a S%@# or not)

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by [NaZeF] A342100, Dec 2, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 2, 2013
    Just a proposition on which I think it might improve map variety and the voting system that I have to say is absolutely a piece of roadkill that has been ran over a million times. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of coders and programmers since you guys have to keep the server running. Here's what's the new system should do:

1.) Show a list of the maps being voted for (Prevents 1 spamming)

2.) Make the text pop out better, sometimes people will hit a map they don't want because they thought the map number was

3.) Have said list from #1 appears for roughly ten seconds, giving the players a good idea of what to vote for.

4.) Get rid of the new "Vote for the two highest voted maps". It's a big ass problem imo, it's simply gives troll players a second chance to screw over other players who want to play the map they initially chose.

You can take this post however you like and I only hope I hear some feedback. If you feel this could work and you're a coder, knock yourself out in trying to make this a reality, it's a generally much better voting system with very little flaws and it makes voting a lot more legitimate, that way maps like ze_dust_escape_v1fix (which I question why would you guys even add that map, was it for the lulz?) and very beta like maps, unless it's testing the map out, people should give immediate feedback. ze_SURVIVORS_b1 and b2 are the finest example, the map itself is overly difficult in some parts, especially the snow level, where the "cold" takes a big chunk of your health and is damn near impossible to win because of that. The damaging needs to be immediately nerfed, the safe spots need to heal faster or have more on the map, the entire map needs to be remade, zombies can sneak up on humans way too easily and there's a lot of accidential surf spots, not to mention some other levels in the map suffer from mapping issues as well. Overall, just a proposition for a better voting system, if I was a coder, I would have this in the works asap, but I don't, I got way too many personal problems right now.

TL;DR Fix your crap voting system, it sucks ass.
  2. Feb 11, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      It'll probably just be swept under the rug again, with this type of attitude I doubt people will even want to bother reading it (that, and the font, I almost hit the back button).
    • Dec 2, 2013
      Well I prefer Times New Roman, and to be honest, don't like the attitude that comes with the post, don't read it. Just a post, it can just be ingored, did anyone bother reading the title of it?
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.