Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Props

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by azurenoob022, Feb 12, 2011

1. Feb 4, 2011
    I was on a zombie server (of a different website) a while back, and they had a command for "!props" which brought up a menu of different props to spawn.

You were given 20 prop points each round, and spawning a vending machine cost 20 points, 15 points for a sofa, 10 points for a bookshelf, 5 points for a chair.

I'm sure there may be some loopholes/issues with people finding some ways to exploit the props, but this is just an idea and im tossing it out there.
    ---- > An idea to avoid exploitation of the prop menu would be perhaps to give admins the ability to remove props
  2. Jul 14, 2010
    maybe on the limited ammo server, on unlimited it'd make some spots impossible.
  3. Feb 4, 2011
    it would, and thats why i propose to have admins be able to remove props that make spots impossible
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    I don't fancy this idea at all. Our ZM servers have always been pretty successful and we've never had !props or similar, why create more work for admins? :confused: And who knows what will go down when no admins are on... this is a big game changer.
  5. Mar 16, 2008
    I will never allow !props to happen. I absolutely hate prop servers.
  6. Jul 20, 2010
    If you need additional props than what is given to you on the map then idk what to tell you. I'm with josh I hate prop servers.
  7. Jan 12, 2011
    As much as I would like to see props in some places, they really aren't needed and would just serve to unbalance spots, some to just ridiculous levels, you know? I mean I've had my "I wish I had just one more" moments, but then I just planned something to fix it. Most maps on pF are fine the way they are and the best solution to any map spot lacking props is extra firepower from another player (preferably friend).

Agreeing with PeNguiN that it would really only be plausible for Limited servers, but agreeing with Brian more. This would likely demand more admin attention on spots (ex-illegal crouch spots / etc.), not to mention how much more tweaking the server owners would have to do to make this work favorably. Just not worth it.

Keep suggesting ideas though :smile:
  8. Sep 5, 2010
  9. Feb 4, 2011
    alright nevermind then haha, was just a thought