Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

PS4

Discussion in Gaming started by Badgriuel, Feb 22, 2013

1. Jul 20, 2010
    *Disclaimer this thread is to discuss the upcoming PS4/Orbis and the games that are being slated for it, this thread will not be turned into a flame war over other consoles and keep things civil as posts are made about the PS4/Orbis. Any post's that have nothing to do with the topic at hand or are meant to just cause a console flame war will be deleted. You have been warned*

Well as some of you already know on Feburary 20th Sony annouced the new generation in Playstation console gaming which is being dubbed Playstation Orbis or the PS4. It's slated for fall/winter of 2013 with a few game trailers already being shown the same day. Here are a few of them along with the specs for the PS4/Orbis which can change from now till launch.

http://cloudfront2.bostinno.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/PS4Specs.png

I for one am looking forward to Killzone Shadow Fall and Watch Dogs, always liked the games that Guerrilla Games and Ubisoft put out. Watch the videos in the highest HD setting that it has and enjoy the show, some of these graphics are stunning. They haven't released a price for the PS4/Orbis yet but it will probably be in $400+ range, which I don't really mind paying for this console. Also it won't be backwards compotiable from the start put they have stated that in about 2 years after launch of the PS4/Orbis they will have something in place so the PS4 can play all past PS games. The controller looks pretty damn sweet as well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dec 6, 2011
      I was reading about a lot of the new graphics software they're using in this upcoming generation of consoles, and I was quite impressed. Still, I don't want to spend money on another console. I doubt I'll probably stray away from any PC gaming, now, or in the future.
    • Apr 9, 2012
      Watch dogs for me! (hopefully on PC, because I don't play on PS123456789123456789412645678945612345687945612648689)
    • Jul 20, 2010
      Yea some of the new graphics software is very nice, yea PC gaming is fun but then you have those great console exclusives like Killzone or Uncharted :3. The Killzone Shadow Fall game is set 30 years after Killzone 3. Maybe in the near future consoles can rival PC's in power.
    • Apr 9, 2012
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Well console graphics are always based off of what they're doing in the PC world, so really, it's always going to be 1 step behind =S And sooner or later along the line, they're obviously going to merge. It'll just be a little computer box, no Apple shit, no PC shit, no Console shit, it'll be an all-in-one produced using cheap labor in China.

Top notch computers still have trouble emulating GameCube games for the excessive processing power needed, and the fact that console games are optimized for consoles... not PC's...
    • Jul 20, 2010
      @Brett wtf is a TFLOPS current leaked specs of the PS4 say the GPU can do 1.84.
    • Nov 6, 2011
    • Sep 6, 2012
      "As expected, the PS4 will be running on an APU—a combo CPU and graphics processor rolled into one. And that APU, an AMD joint, is a mash-up of an 8-core x86-64 AMD "Jaguar," and a 1.84 teraflop AMD Radeon-based graphics engine. Paired with the PS4's 8 GB of RAM, you can look forward to some pretty serious horsepower, but the downside, of course, is that that x86 architecture is responsible for the lack of "native" backward compatibility for PS3 games."
      Source - http://kotaku.com/5985933/meet-the-ps4s-blazing-amd-guts?tag=ps4
      http://kotaku.com/5986055/sony-wed-like-a-straight-answer-about-this-used-games-stuff?tag=ps4

I'm not sure yet if I want to upgrade from a PS3 to a PS4.. because I have a decent number of PS3 games and it worries me that it may not be compatible on the PS4. Although it may be too early to judge things here and there, I still have high hopes for SONY and whatever good games coming to the PS4.
      Danmaku, Feb 22, 2013 Last edited by Danmaku, Feb 22, 2013
    • Dec 6, 2011
      Tera flops? Mostly just measuring the amount of calculating data. Google should've given a quick answer O.o http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-tflop.htm

Just dumb nonsense they spew out to make the PS4 seem better.
      • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
      • Jul 20, 2010
        Well the made claims about a few years after the PS4 launch it will be able to play all other PS games so we will have to wait on that :frown:
      • Dec 6, 2011
        They automatically weren't allowing previous generation console games on the PS4 for money reasons. They'd lose a shit ton if nobody went out and bought all new games. They're also getting rid of used games, meaning Gamestop and the like will most likely go out of business (I personally cannot stand Gamestop anyways:
        via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onEfmC6HRF4
        ). Each game (whether bought on a physical copy or downloaded, will be tied to the console that it was installed on. Meaning you can just trash the disc after that from what I've read (previous consoles you needed to still insert the CD so you couldn't use one disc to boot up multiple consoles).
      • Nov 6, 2011
        so what if your console breaks are SoL? or is it gonna be tied down to the account and not the console
      • Dec 6, 2011
        There was a small gray area on how each account would work and how it would be tied to it. Though I was reading that on XBL, you'll have a "household console" with "household accounts" that share one game, and that's it. It could change upon release, but that's what I read so far.
      • May 14, 2011
        • Jul 20, 2010
          It's probably how its currently setup with the PSN. You can have up to 5 PS3's tied to your PSN account if you want to get rid of one you simply go into the options of the PS3 and "turn off" that PS3 so then anyone can then make their own PSN account on that PS3.
        • May 14, 2011
          Yeah, the only issue with that being I shared my account with 3 other people and we split everything we bought on PSN between the 4 of us.

Actually the other issue is that if your PS3 breaks you can't de-activate the account.
        • Jul 20, 2010
          You can just have to call in Sony :smile:
        • Dec 6, 2011
          Was never a PS3 guy, so I'm not sure how different it was from XBL accounts though. What I said earlier about accounts being tied to a single console, I was talking about the Xbox/Durango/whatever the fuck piece of shit codename they give it.
        • May 14, 2011
          Didn't work for my mate, he lost his account.