Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Pump shotgun knockback increase.

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Escape started by enviolinador, Jul 11, 2012

1. May 31, 2012
    I think it would be good to increase the knockback on pump shotguns a bit, as it seems too low at the moment. Before playing this much on pF, I always used to play on spanish servers -some of them with a set of settings similar to the ones on pF- and I mostly played with my dualies and my m3, as I could send back two or three zombies if I held well and gave them some good headshots. On pF, on the other hand, each time I try to hold with them I'm terribly passed over, even when only two zombies are chasing me; and in my case I find it truly annoying since I can probably say m3 is my fave weapon -dualies apart-.

Could this be possible, at least a slight increase that actually made M3 a sustainable weapon on most maps?
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Jul 19, 2011
      i completely agree with this!!! i had always wanted for this to happen, but kept forgetting since the p90 is my weapon of choice. In i3D the pump shotty is like the right-click knife in other servers. It can be used to launch zombies. I believe a full shotgun with every bullet hitting the head of a zombie should send them flying as an awp would. With this in mind, you have to wonder what will the trolls do? Of course there will be launching, but there are constantly 3 or more admins on at once and can easily BAN THAT MOFO.

Thanks for bringing this up envi! without this post, i would've continued to forget about the pump.
    • May 31, 2012
      Well, I don't want it to act as the überknife from hell but to make pump shotguns competitive.
    • Apr 20, 2011
      At lest noobs not getting awps on predator and shotgun be better
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Mar 12, 2008
        Shotgun shell = lots of tiny pellets. tiny pellets+high velocity = little to no knockback.

But because this is SOURCE, any gun+headshots= Counter-strike space program (I.e. massive knockback) plus shotguns are meant to do lots of damage up close, not do knocking back. There's other guns for that, like rifles and shit.

IMO its fine the way it is. Working as intended
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Jul 19, 2011
          i see that, but changing the way the game works for the benefit of the server doesn't seem like a bad thing.
        • May 31, 2012
          Also think that M3 is worthless at the moment. You can use it, but it won't really help holding due to the extremely low knockback.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 3, 2012

Nearly everyone uses p90s in ZE, which is kind of sad

More diversity would be coolio
            • Like Like x 1
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Mar 19, 2012
              shotgun actually shoots 8 metal balls, all of which are like the size of a pistol bullet so yea there is a ton of knockback, infact more than most guns.

I agree with enviolinador on this one. I think a tiny damage + knockback increase would be good.
            • May 5, 2012
              Yea.. I kinda miss m3 because i never ever NEVER use it on pf since p90 is the superb weapon on there.
              i agree with you!
            • Mar 4, 2012
            • Apr 29, 2011
              Now, I'm not a gun nut or anything, so it is true that I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure the pellet inside of a shotgun is NOT the size of a pistol bullet, and that there usually is more than eight pellets inside of a single shell, though it does vary depending on the type of shell.

As to Dopescope, yes, if every pellet hit the zombie's head, it would probably launch them some distance.

If every pellet hit them in the head. Considering that a shotgun's pellets spread fairly wide, this means you would have to be fairly close. Close, as in knife range.

My interpretation of this thread is to turn the shotgun into an AWP that you don't really need to aim.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • May 31, 2012
                I only want a change big enough to make the shotgun a weapon a player can actually use and that is balanced. AWP-shotty would be too much. It should have a good knockback when it hit the head, though, but normal body hits shouldn't really knock that much (maybe slightly less than a single P90 headshot).
              • Mar 4, 2012
                They're not the size of pistol rounds and there are many many pellets inside a shell and you are correct in that it depends on the type of gauge and shell.

I don't know why Taters brought up the idea of the realistic physics of a bullet causing someone to fly back because it doesn't happen in real life with any type of bullet.

Also, while shotguns are horribly inaccurate at range their shot doesn't spread that fast. It would be longer than knifing distance.

Lastly, it wouldn't need to be like an awp HS but something more moderate.
              • Mar 19, 2012
                In CSS the shotgun shoots 8 bullets. AKA buckshot
              • Apr 29, 2011
                Remember, the zombie knife range is deceptive. They have an attack range that is much greater than the visual knife swing range. And I'm pretty sure the heavier a bullet, the more force behind it. Those sniper bullets are big for a reason.
              • Dec 6, 2011
                I completely agree with adding some knock-back to the pump shotgun. You need to literally be up in their face to get >100 damage, which is basically only when zombies are trying to get into a hold spot through a crouch hole. The SG550 does extreme amounts of damage at a hell of a lot faster rate than the pump shotgun anyways.

I don't see any harm in increasing the knock-back of the pump shotgun, I have always liked it and usually use it a couple times when I'm on zombie escape, it's just not too fun when I get knifed for trying to get a hit with it. =S

Might as well get rid of 50% of CS:S then, due to it's unrealistic ways. :clown:
              • Mar 4, 2012
                Oh yeah forgot about that. Haven't played in a couple months.

And they still don't cause a person to fly back. Those sniper bullets are full metal jackets and they just go right through a person.
                • Informative Informative x 1
                • Dec 6, 2011
                  This is true. The old AWP KB was hilariously unrealistic and defied the laws of physics.
                • Apr 29, 2011
                  A person. Remember, zombies are nigh- bulletproof. Zombies also don't give a fuck about common sense.