Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Punkbuster- personal ban

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Tropophas, Dec 29, 2010

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 19, 2010
    Earlier today in Zombiemod server 2, I was talking about how it's always Russian people in crouch spots and illegal areas because they're not able to read the rules, and he kicked me for discrimination. Not once did I say anything bad about Russians, merely made an observation. After I told him that he kicked me for no reason and I had done nothing against the rules, he banned me for a day for discrimination.

I think, him being Russian, he simply felt the need to defend people of his nationality, but he had absolutely no place banning or kicking me.

I do not know his STEAM ID and can't go ingame to check it - sorry.
  2. Sep 5, 2010
    It wasn't just for discrimination. But while we are on the subject saying "Russians should have a separate server" Saying you can at least tolerate Chinese people "because they learn English" and complaining about the amount of "foreigners" on the server is discrimination. You weren't just banned for that however. You were asked multiple times to stop by MULTIPLE admins and instead chose not only to disregard them but disrespect them as well. There were two other admins on at the same time as i was and they both agreed. Many people play on the Plaguefest servers American or not, English speaking and otherwise, your comments were not only insulting to the people at which they were directed but to anyone with a rational, tolerant mindset.
  3. Sep 6, 2010
    As a witness admin I can say that Tropophas indeed broke server rules by making an offensive speech towards particular nationality on the server. This would continue for quite some time until Tropophas was warned to stop the speech. I admit that the speech was offensive no matter what nationality/race it would refer to. Although, Tropophas did not go into extreme forms, his speech was still offensive towards other players on the server. Additionally, Tropaphas tried to threaten, disrespect admins on the server.
    From the Console:

"bigjer killed (=HIGH=) with zombie_claws_of_death.
    (=HIGH=) killed !HeaDDerPlaYer! with zombie_claws_of_death.
    Tropophas: I'm going to laugh so hard when his admin is revoked"

The player should read the server rules:

"6. Do not use any discriminatory speech.
    This includes but is not limited to racism, sexism, hate speech, or any form of harmful speech used only to offend someone.
    Punishment: Warn -> Mute/Gag -> Permanent Ban
    Note: Punishment may escalate to an immediate permanent ban depending on the severity of the offense", server rules PF.

One day ban is a minor punishment. If the person repeats discriminatory/inappropriate speech again the ban should be much longer in my opinion.
  4. Dec 19, 2010
    I never said anything derogatory against Russian players - I just observed that Russians are always the ones in the illegal spots. That's not discriminatory; discrimination is saying that Russians should not be allowed to play on the server. Would saying, "Wow, there's a lot of good Spanish dancers in this club!" be discrimination? Of course not - it's not offensive or discriminatory, much like what I said, even if the content is different.

I also said that there would be less conflict if there was a Russian-only server, or if there was a server with a Russian MOTD, and that if there were Chinese players (for example) playing it would be easier to play with them because they can read the rules. Neither of those things are against the rules.

I'm not seeing where I broke any rules. Additionally, I was never warned at any point, except by Harvey (but he only told me to stop saying that Punkbuster would be demoted, nothing about racism.)

I can also recall Harvey himself agreeing with me, saying that even if he warns Russian players in Russian they keep breaking the rules. Is that discrimination, too? There was a player constantly using "faggot" as an insult and he wasn't punished. Punkbuster called me an idiot over the microphone, and as I understand it, player respect is supposed to be important.

By the way, Highlander, just because I wasn't punished severely doesn't mean banning me when I haven't broken any rules should be okay. Would it be any less abusive for a police officer to arrest you for only 24 hours for no reason, with his reasoning being "It's not very long, so don't complain about it."?
  5. Sep 5, 2010
    You were warned several times both verbally and by being kicked once and then again when you wouldn't stop. You can sugarcoat your phrasing anyway you want to, but the bottom line is it was discrimination, about which you were warned, then warned again, and again, and then banned for a DAY.
  6. Sep 6, 2010
    That's not quite true. People of various nationalities do occupy illegal spots (from my experience). We have a diverse population on the servers and everyone has to be treated with respect regardless of nationality/race...
  7. May 27, 2008
    As stated by the Root admin himself.
  8. Dec 19, 2010
    Okay. Is me being wrong grounds to ban me, then?

When have I disrespected any nationality or race? All I said even close to disrespect was that Russian players seem to be the ones in the illegal spots. That's not offensive.
  9. Dec 19, 2010
    Okay. It just seems like that's discrimination against homosexuals, didn't know the head admin said it was okay.
  10. Dec 19, 2010
    I've looked through my console and I can't find any warnings. Additionally, when I was kicked, no reason was specified and I DID stop talking about it after the first kick.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    So you've finally filed an abuse report after all of those empty threats eh.

Well, first of all. Let me be the first one to welcome you to the forums.

Now, just to clarify from two nights ago. Calling Children Fucking Faggots isn't that great, don't you agree? You talk about respecting players, yet you don't even do that yourself. Now we're onto taunting admins saying the following:

L 12
    /29/2010 03:32:50"Tropophas<9888><STEAM_0:1:16892217><TERRORIST>" say "and he's gonna get his admin revoked"
    L 12/29/2010 03:32:55"Tropophas<9888><STEAM_0:1:16892217><TERRORIST>" say "i'm gonan laugh my ass off too"
    L 12/29/2010 03:33:51"Tropophas<9888><STEAM_0:1:16892217><TERRORIST>" say "tell him to be careful that his admin won't be revoked lmao"
    L 12/29/2010 03:34:14"Tropophas<9888><STEAM_0:1:16892217><TERRORIST>" say "i honestly want him to ban me, it'll be more for the video"
    L 12/29/2010 03:36:37"Tropophas<9888><STEAM_0:1:16892217><TERRORIST>" say "i'm going to laugh so hard when his admin is revoked"
    Now you've been banned; were you not looking for this to happen? You just seem to like attention, and believe you're entitled to things when this is not the case. I'd love to see the video, but I'm assuming it simply doesn't exist.

How would you like to proceed? I've bumped up the ban length to Permanent. You obviously need a vacation from the servers. Feel free to come back in a couple months after you've changed your attitude. Chances are you will be given a second chance.

12. Apr 9, 2007
    You've done this to me as well, this is not happening for at least a couple months.
  13. Jun 4, 2006
    Depends on the context. Most players use it almost subconsciously, not trying to be mean or derogatory to actual homos, just cause it's worked its way into our vernacular so it almost oozes out of the mouth naturally. The excessive and derogatory rule still applies etc etc.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.