Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Quake - Epsilon Build

Discussion in Gaming started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, May 25, 2013

1. Feb 27, 2012
    Most of us have played Quake, it was a classic. I even played it and it came out before i was even able to walk. I remember trying so hard to get it to run on Windows XP, and when i finally got it to work, i got right into it. I had played Quake 2 (my favourite by the way) Quake 3 Arena, and Quake 4 all before Quake itself. Well, a couple of months ago searching through ModDB, i found quake based on a new/3rd party engine, The Darkplaces Engine. It adds smoke, reflections, HD textures that seem 3D, HD Models, Excellent lighting, reflections and amazing looking effects for a game so old. My only complaint about it is its horribly long loading times, especially right off of launch. Here's some screenies, and the link to the mod. You have to "buy" the original game to play, since it looks for the pain PAK file (i think it's PAK0.pak) If you don't have it in there, you just get to play the Quake demo.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Apr 9, 2012
      These are called bumpmaps and displacement/parallax maps :smile: More than that I can't see much of a difference, but it looks nice anyways!
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Feb 3, 2012