Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

QUAKECON 2013

Discussion in Gaming started by Seeker, Aug 1, 2013

1. Jan 21, 2011
    I figured I'd start a thread this year instead of simply posting my videos around mumble. If anyone has anything to add, by all means post it.

The first thing I saw of note was the Virtuix Omni which is pretty cool. The video is probably the best way to see what it does. It uses the Oculus Rift VR headset for looking around and what looked like a kinect for movement. The guy playing is some random dude using it for the first time so he's not very good. I'll post one I have of an experienced user on it when it is done processing on youtube.

This is a more experienced user of the Omni

When the Carmack keynote video is available, I'll update this post.

My BYOC walk around. If you want to see more of a certain thing in the video let me know and I'll consider indulging your request.
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
      Seeker, Aug 1, 2013 Last edited by Seeker, Aug 2, 2013
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Damn it, I was hoping for another speedtest nerd picture.
    • Jan 21, 2011
      This is all that comes up :frown:
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Sep 14, 2008
        I want pics of you and Jartis meeting Momo!!!!
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Oct 29, 2010
          Not on here, Plaguefest is not ready... They will be on Facebook if/when they happen, I've just been stalking them as they play LoL so far.

From Speakeasy.net
          • Like Like x 2
          • Apr 9, 2007
            • Funny Funny x 4
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Nov 3, 2011
              Quakecon seems like a lot of fun, I'm going to Otakon next Friday tho :grin:
            • Sep 14, 2008
              I can't wait! I want to see the fun you guys are having.
            • Jan 21, 2011

Most people who will want to see them are facebook friends with us anyway lol
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Mar 12, 2008
                I imagine you creepin up behind them and be like "heeeeeeeey buddy, whatcha dooooooooin?
              • Jun 2, 2012
                God the amount of computers in that room was amazing it was cold as fuck in there too =P
              • Jan 21, 2011
                • Like Like x 2
                  Seeker, Aug 2, 2013 Last edited by Seeker, Aug 2, 2013
                • Apr 9, 2007
                • Apr 3, 2011
                • Mar 12, 2008
                  So who's going next year? I plan on going. It sounds like a lot of fun.
                • Oct 29, 2010
                • Mar 12, 2008

BYOC? I plan on getting a car/decent laptop in the future. no way in hell am I bringing this monster case along, my back would never forgive me
                  • Funny Funny x 1
                  • Jan 21, 2011
                    I'll be there for sure and BYOC is the only way to go with quakecon. As Momo knows now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4
                    • Agree Agree x 2
                    • Oct 29, 2010
                      Definitely. Most of the guys I went with brought their desktops, but I'll definitely just be bringing my laptop. If you have a laptop that can run what you're going to be playing, I would very much suggest that route. If you're just going to bring a laptop, you could easily make it a carry on and it might be cheaper to fly from the coasts.
                      No joke, if you're planning on making a weekend of it (Thursday-Sunday) don't make the mistake of skipping out on BYOC. The booths can only entertain you for so long, and even if you can entertain yourself with those for an extended amount of time, they close at 6; you're left with several hours every night surrounded by people playing on their computers.