Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Qualcomm you're drunk, go home

Discussion in Entertainment started by Bender Bending Rodriguez, Jan 11, 2013

1. Jun 11, 2012
    For those of you up to date with CES 2013 this won't be a surprised but for most this is something you've missed.

-----Background----
    Qualcomm is a hidden giant when it comes to technology. Most things that they make you have been using them in your daily lives. They make hardwares which are then sold to Telecommunication companies which in then are used into products to be sold to you like cellphones. In a way you are never buying anything from Qualcomm, a bit of a understatement but meh.

So they decided to hold a huge media event for consumers at CES. A company that you will not buy anything from is putting on a media event to tell you that you won't buy from them. Understandable in a sense since they are catering to their customers
    ----Background----

So here why I made this thread (that was a little background). At this huge media event at CES, they somehow decided to treat everyone like a retard and come up with the most insanely excuse to use the word Mobile. BORN MOBILE!
    For those who've seen the Steve Balmer "Developers, Developers, Developers" videos will be please with this but also disgusted in way.

So enjoy Steve Balmer cutting off the CEO about Apps, Big Bird talking about cereal while a man in a chicken suit wants to be killed, a woman who doesn't want to be there, and Maroon 5 performing but you can't hear it because no one at Qualcomm got the Rights to play Maroon 5 over the livestream so....enjoy watching Maroon 5 while Dido is playing because Copyrights hurhurhur.

Here's the Best of Qualcomm CES 2013 Keynote

via http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7qTHbOEiDY&feature=youtu.be

Here's the full video but you need to see the 3 minute intro to understand what the hell happened. Also screw that gamer, tornad092 my shiny butt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qLv_02-nnWw#t=178s

Enjoy your lives
  2. Apr 9, 2007
    It appears the CEO cannot clap. It also looks like Ballmer has taken a huge part in the creation of this...
  3. Jun 11, 2012
    Microsoft said that they won't be showing up at CES this year. Thus Balmer coming out in stage was a surprised to everyone.
  4. May 14, 2011
    Do all Americans really say mobile like that? It sounds like hes choking on the word.

P.S.: No offense to Americans. You always say we drink tea, we've got to get our own back!
    • Agree Agree x 1
      Ghost, Jan 11, 2013 Last edited by Ghost, Jan 11, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007
      • Jun 11, 2012
        I've mostly heard "Mobyle" instead of the way they're saying it from both US and Canadian. But it's like saying melee.
      • Sep 8, 2012
        Pshh, I don't listen to stupid tea drinkers.
      • Jun 11, 2012
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 1, 2010
          mmm, I'll take fresh ground (in home) high quality coffee any day over tea... I do like tea though.
        • Jun 2, 2012

And that video makes me want to drill my eyes out with a fork.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Jun 11, 2012
            My life of drinking expresso made me tasteless for cofee, but I won't say no to it since it does taste good but not to the level of a nice tea.

Water>Water>Water>Tea>Fresh squeezed orange juice. Water beats all and I really drink way too much water that it got addicting.

Now you know how I was cringing all day yesterday