Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Question about Mapping for zombies

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by cronshaw, Dec 24, 2011

1. Dec 18, 2011
    Sorry i am new i just recently downloaded source and i cant get enough of zombie mode..
    I actually want to create maps because i already have experience map making with other software
    just a few questions, are there any particular number of rooms there must be in the map? (The rooms with the soda pop machines and so forth)
    How big is a decent map to you guys?
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    Up to you.
    You choose whether you are mapping for a player count of 64 or something else.
    Currently I'm working on a map and depending on the number of players, there will be different paths open. Maybe you might want to do something similar.

Good luck :smile:
  3. Jul 28, 2011
  4. Feb 18, 2011
    No longer genius.
  5. Jan 9, 2012
    It is nice to see newblod on mapping.

If you have trouble counting people, I can lend a hand because I counted people on MotanumInc to determine the Helicopter's health.

Also, watch out for the soda pops, if you have too many physics props, it will lag the server, specially considering server with more people players.

I wrote an article on zombie escape, it details stuff I have learned while making zombie escape maps. It is kinda old but it could guide you the right way.