Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Question about purchasing admin.

Discussion in Help Desk started by P@P@_ROASTER, Sep 19, 2012

1. Jul 16, 2012
    Say I have 5$ in my PayPal account and 10$ in my bank account (I have PayPal linked to my Bank via ATM/Debt Card). Will it still work when purchasing admin?
  2. Sep 25, 2010
    It has worked for me when I wanted to pay for something and had x in paypal and x in bank account.
  3. Nov 29, 2010
    I do believe paypal will charge your bank account first instead of your balance if you've got insufficient funds. After two weeks of payment on paypal and there's no funds in that bank account, they reverse the payment.
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    To expand on the above a bit, in your paypal account I believe you can specify your preference for which source paypal should pull from, however I'm pretty sure the default is to pull from the balance what it can, then pull from the source of funds for the rest. So yes it should work fine.

Clam could be right though too since it's a subscription? As in, Paypal will refuse to pull from the balance but only pull from the source (CC/Bank)? Sounds very unlikely. I've heard of some people having trouble starting subs via paypal trying to use their balance, however I think all of these individuals had no source of funds, no bank or CC added. So I would still imagine that you could start a new sub with $ in your balance + source, or make a recurring payment. I would find it very odd for paypal to not allow someone to use $ in their paypal balance for a subscription payment in addition to what they have in their source of funds attached to their account, it does however make sense for paypal to refuse subscription sign ups if the account has no source of funds attached.
  5. Nov 29, 2010
    "Brian, post: 166666"
    Aw shit.

I've had that happen to me on occasion on different purchases. Plaguefest as one of them, at one point I had $~3 in my balance however it withdrew all $15 from my bank account directly.
  6. Jun 4, 2006
    Interesting... I'd be curious if anyone else could confirm this is the case for them as well or if anyone's been able to use their balance for a subscription... - and what they have attached to their account... CC, bank, neither, both.

If he really can't use what's in his balance for some odd reason, I suppose he could always attach his bank and then transfer that $5 from the balance into it. Or... just send someone else $15 via a regular payment directly to their paypal and have them snag it for you, that should work too.