Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

question about requesting a player ban

Discussion in Help Desk started by Andrew, Jan 22, 2013

1. Apr 12, 2012
    Sorry, not sure which section this should be in...

Here's the situation: while playing on a zombie hunting server, there was an incredibly blatant aimbotter/wallhacker/speedhacker. I demo'd him and posted the demo to their forums, and he was perm banned from their servers. His name seemed familiar, so I looked him up on PF stats, and sure enough, he plays on the PF ZM server. He has over a day of play time, with his last connect just a few days ago. Unfortunately, he left literally seconds after I finished my demo and seconds before I typed status into console, so I did not get his steamID. The other server's admins looked up his steamID in their logs and banned him.

So to sum: I didn't see him cheating on PF, and don't have proof of his steamID, but his name is fairly unique and the steamID AND name from PF stats match the steamID and name from the other server's stats (as well as matching their ban info for him). I'm wondering if I should make a request to ban him from pf, or would nothing come of it (I still have the demo)? If anyone's worth banning, its this guy...
  2. Nov 11, 2011
    Well, we do consider the history of a person from other communities but this is really a call management makes. I can't find the link but I believe retslag dealt an exact situation a couple of months ago because the person protested. Now that I recall, it was a known ZE troller of many communities.
  3. Apr 12, 2012

Could someone (LSA/root) please let me know if this is worth the time to do (will he be banned)?
  4. Apr 1, 2012
    Weird I thought we do not deal with hooligans from other servers who until otherwise proven guilty in our servers..

If we do deal with offenders in other communities:
    I'd say submit a ban request on our Source Bans page complete with everything,writing everything that you wrote on the op of this thread complete with demos, ss, links and other proofs.

If we don't care about troublemakers until they cause trouble here:
    Somebody better unban the fella
  5. Sep 14, 2008
    We don't. Unless they do something in our servers. Then there is nothing we can do.
  6. Apr 12, 2012
  7. Sep 14, 2008
    But if we know which player, we know what and who to look out for. :smile:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Oct 22, 2012
      absolutely agree, so thanks for the heads up, and we will keep an eye out.
    • Nov 29, 2010
      We've had a similar situation last year I believe. We had a regular (actually an admin) who was semi-popular with the players suddenly go off the grid and was caught on other servers hacking by members of their servers posting demos of him hacking. At the time, the person caught wasn't wearing tags, moreso it was a familiar face who saw he was an admin on our servers. (And ofc, he was banned and his admin privileges revoked w/o a counter argument)

/coolstorybro
    • Jun 4, 2006
      As Clam touched on, the exception to not banning players for behavior on other servers would be if the player shows an association with PF of any kind. We definitely don't appreciate players sporting the pF tag hacking or being assholes on other servers and if we learn of someone doing this we won't hesitate to consider removing them from our servers as well. Related to this we had a member (admin at one point I believe) join another community's server and convinced them that we were DDoS'ing them, so some member of their community decided to DDoS us daily for months until we found out what was going on and cleared our name. The player that caused the mess in the first place was of course perma'd.
      • Zing! Zing! x 1
      • May 20, 2011
        I think who you're talking about. There was a guy that came onto ZM that triggered his aimbot for a couple of seconds and left immediately. I catched a demo of 2-3 seconds but that wasn't enough proof to get him banned. Let me check my demo files once I get off work and I'll post his name to match your story.
      • Apr 12, 2012
        player NecroTheSexorsist: http://stats.plaguefest.com/playerinfo/21234

He also uses the name =PF= Creeping Death, although he was playing as NecroTheSexorsist on the other server when I demo'd him. He has used =PF= Creeping Death for 1 hour on the other server, but as he is now banned from there, it probably doesn't qualify as ruining pf's rep.
      • Sep 14, 2008
        Oh if he's wearing our tags on another server, then I think it's a different story. It makes the community look horrible <.<
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 20, 2011

On the other hand, I was talking about this player. And here's the demo.
          He got him self killed and disconnected the minute he saw me move to spectate.

I am holding out on the ban as I find this not proven to be enough evidence. Also, looking at this Steam profile, he only connected that moment and has never returned.
        • May 31, 2012
        • Jan 13, 2013
          I was in the other clan when this happened '=\ Shit got real serious, but i left because of that. Once i found out they were doing that it was GG for me (in a sense). I went back to check to see what was still there, and the stats and everything for me were gone. So apparently they wanted me out ^.^ ah well, good to know i'm accepted here! I will keep my eye out for him when i play zm (very little, but still enough)