Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Question for ze mappers about the infection time

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by Super Mario, Jul 25, 2012

1. Oct 17, 2011
    I have seen a lot of different ze maps so far with different infection. On mako, the infection happens to be in about 36 seconds. On voodoo islands, it's less than 15 seconds. I have a question for ze mappers of how to set up the infection time on hammer. Gamebanana does not have any tuts or prefabs of this and I couldn't seem to find any other sources or webs of this. Does the infection occur automatically or does a mapper have to set it up on his map?
  2. May 15, 2011
    The mapper doesn't control that, the plugins, or Kyle, do.
  3. May 14, 2011
    Incorrect, you have to inculde a command.

I cant remeber off the top of my head but im sure @enviolinador does.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • May 31, 2012
      It is controlled by servers in most cases; for example on Mako you get the spawn at that determinate time via cfg file (that has been installed on the server). You can, however, control this, either forcing a cfg file you have to pack on the map (/cfg/mycfg.cfg; and exec mycfg on map startup via point_servercommand) or directly changing the zr variables with the same point_servercommand as it follows:

servercommand -> command -> zr_respawn "0" -> 0.00

This example would turn off respawn on your map.

If you want to see the whole commands/variables ZR has, I recommend you to go to alliedmodders and download it; then check the zombiemod.cfg file at /cfg/sourcemod.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 18, 2006
        ZE has per-map configurations, as it's supported by the ZombieMod plugin. There's the default config that gets used by default, but every time a map loads, the plugin starts looking for custom per-map configurations. If one is found, then that configuration file is loaded. There are also ways of changing config settings in the map, but I don't really care for this method (you also need to take compatibility into account, as there are multiple ZM plugins, and config settings have changed throughout the history of both (IE getting renamed)).
        • Like Like x 1
        • JorisCeoen
          This message by JorisCeoen has been removed from public view. Deleted by JorisCeoen, Jul 25, 2012, Reason: wrong forum.
          Jul 25, 2012