Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Question regarding admin abuse

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Meowcenary, Mar 14, 2014

1. Mar 2, 2014
    Sorry if this isn't the right section for this, its my first time here on these forums

To make a long story short, I've been experiencing some admin abuse on the unlimited ammo zombie mod server and was wondering, if I were to record a demo during a entire round and were to capture admin abuse on the demo would that be sufficient enough evidence for the Plaguefest staff to work with or would you need more?

The reason I ask is due to how demos record. If I'm correct demos stop recording when you're disconnected from the server by a ban or kick which can make proving that I was banned or kicked during that demo recording all the more difficult.
  2. Jun 11, 2012
    The demo is essential to support your claim. if a abuse of power is documented and provided, this would be used as a evidence for you. There are other methods available to higher people of powers to go and seek more informations if you are unable to document after you've been forcefully removed from the server.

So yes, your demo/screenshot/chatlogs is essential to support your claim and make the process more streamlined and efficient (instead of he said she said). Also make sure to always end the demo before closing CSS, sometimes this can cause corruptions.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Apr 1, 2012
      Yes please, lack of proof can lead to your report being marked as 'Insufficient Evidence' and closed. Also please consult with our server rules to ensure that the admin is indeed abusing instead of doing what he/she is supposed to do.
      There should be a standard procedure to handle different offenses so you should read those too to see if that applies to you
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Mar 2, 2014
        I understand. Thanks everyone for your help
        • Like Like x 1
        • Jun 11, 2012
          • Mar 20, 2012
            If you type !rdisplay on a pf server, an overlay appears with some information. Because the recorder will record that too, it can be helpful to determine when the demo was recorded. The moment you get banned you get added to the banlist with a timestamp attached to it. So its easy to tell if your demo is the right one. Another method would be possible if you check the chatlogs in the stats site with the chat in your demo. Everybody can do this. Besides this, I think I never saw a submitted demo in the abuse threads which wasnt accepted because of this problem you described. So, no worries..

If it is a really long demo it might be better you tell the admins at which tick something happened/started.
            • Informative Informative x 2
            • May 31, 2012
              I recommend partitioning your demos by recording 1-2 rounds at a time and typing "stop" into console. Then, type "record demoname" into console to begin a new demo. This keeps demo short and less prone to crashing; even if one crashes, not all of the content will be lost because it is partitioned. !rdisplay, just as -L- mentioned, is extremely useful in case logs need to be looked at.

Correct, demos stop once you disconnect or get kicked. If you do get kicked, you can take a screenshot of the kick message which displays in the middle of your screen. I also recommend taking screenshots of the players on in two ways: typing "status" into console or tabbing to see the scoreboard. Admittedly, both are not 100% and I recommend using status only *before* recording a demo because some console commands tend to crash demos also (known from repeated experience). I might use the stats page on this website to easily grab/confirm SteamIDs just to ensure that I am talking about the correct person; this is because people can change their names or impersonate others. Stats page is useful because it takes about a round to update so if the person quickly disconnects you can still get their info if you missed it in status. It's good to know who else was on because you want to get other people involved. There are some players who are on often and *almost* always record demos. For example, I know that myself and @Aprz are part of this bunch.

Outside of having demos, it is good when multiple people share their valuable perspectives on a situation they witnessed... objective evidence such as "I saw Aprz kick Joshy after Joshy knifed him." (but none of this garbage/subjective opinions such as "Aprz is always mean! I hope he gets demoted to Level 0... f#*%ing noob... and he always picks on people for no reason...")

I hope this was helpful.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Informative Informative x 1