Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Questions on Bhopping

Discussion in Help Desk started by Brett, Dec 19, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 6, 2011
    Ok so many people in game have brought up that bhopping is illegal. I didn't see it in the rules but i'm not sure on the thoughts about bhopping. I do like to bhop just to mess around (as in just as the ZE mob is moving, to do a little jump or two) because it is kinda fun.

1. If i just bhopped with no reason ( not rushing ahead of the ZE group, just messing around but obviously still competetively playing) would this be allowed?

2. Does it matter if its ZM or ZE?
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    It's ok to bhop on zm.
  3. Dec 6, 2011
    alright but what about ZE?
  4. Jan 21, 2011
    If the bhopping is to gain an advantage, I punish, but other than that I believe it's ok.
  5. Dec 6, 2011
    alright because its addicting, i only fool around with it, i dont cheat =P
  6. Jan 21, 2011
    Trust me, I know. That Kleiner skin jump is amazing for bhopping.
  7. Jan 29, 2011
    I think you can do it because it is not in the rules.
    Try not to do it when you are escaping, so bhop in the same area will be acceptable for others I guess.
    I heard that bhop may or may not disable in the future, so lets see.
  8. Jan 21, 2011
    It's against the rules on ZE. It is disabled, but due to a glitch with ZR in the jump bonuses, it is still possible to bhop.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    Don't misinterprate this, just because it isnt in the rules doesnt mean its wrong to do. Seeker said there is a glitch that allows you to do it, so you would be exploiting which is in the rules.
  10. Dec 6, 2011
    hes the labcoat dude right? and i do perfectly fine with the combine police =D i think its just the donator/admin skins that have that little extra oomph that help you slowly gain speed.
  11. Dec 6, 2011
    So in conclusion, no using it to gain an advantage, but doing it when I'm just in one area and messing around is still alright? (still playing ofc)
  12. Jan 21, 2011
    Yes. Also yes on the other question. It has a better jump increase than the regular admin/donor skins.
  13. Dec 6, 2011
    Hm... well I've been considering admin for a while now, just the $$ would be kinda painful on me. Still debating on whether or not I should become one. But anyways, thanks for your input on this topic, wanted to check up on this.
  14. Feb 12, 2011
    According to Ray, and some LSA's it is against the rules at whole...
    Regardless if you're using it to your advantage or not.
  15. Feb 18, 2011

Regardless of what we all hear I think it would be best if nobody bhops at all. Just to be safe.
  16. Mar 12, 2008
    Doesn't stop certain people from doing it.

And those certain people don't know about my ealgle eyes.
  17. Feb 18, 2011

Certainly indeed.
  18. Jul 4, 2011
    It is in the rules;

12. Do not bunnyhop (Bhop).
    This means you can not use bunnyhopping to gain velocity and maintain high velocities that are otherwise not possible to obtain. - this causes significant balancing issues.
    Punishment: Warning --> kick --> Ban (1 hour to 1 day length)

Basically, you can't generate speeds higher than walking on a flat surface. It is however though fine to jump down slopes where no bhop skill/jump boost is required to gain a bit of a boost, but you can't maintain that speed once you're out of that slope (as mentioned in the rules).

Notice that he said "Kleiner", not just any admin skin, the Kleiner skin has a significantly higher jump boost than the level 1 and 3 skin.

1. Yes.

2. Yes, you can bhop on ZM.

Conclusion; you can't bhop on ZE, jumping down a slope is fine (from what I've heard).
  19. Feb 21, 2007
    bhopping is not legal on the zombie servers, period. nothing else.

Thats like people saying "what if i say n***** but i dont mean it in a racist way". Its against the rules.

Only server it is allowed on is MG.

There is no need for further discussion on this.
  20. Dec 6, 2011
    Alrighty thanks for clearing this up. So when all those donators on Mako bhop down the stairs and continue their speed, they can get banned, correct?

And sadly, my graceful wings have been clipped from here on out =P
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.