Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Quick question!

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by westie808, Nov 2, 2013

1. Oct 6, 2012
    Ok so in the beggining of a ZM round when everyone is running to they=ir spots, i notice that some guys always walk FASTER than me even tho im still carrying the knife,????? why do they walk faster?
  2. May 21, 2012
    It's called strafe walking. Basically you can hold 'w' and repeatedly press 'a' or 'd' to go faster assuming your wasd are your default keys to move.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dec 27, 2012
      Might be of other causes than the one I'm gonna tell you about, but here it is.

If you hold your W button (run forward) and then sligthly tap either A or D (left or right) continuously, you will run sligthly faster rather than just holding W to run. Apparently, this is called Strafewalking/running and can be quite useful.
    • Oct 6, 2012
      ok i will try to do that when im on the servers! Thanx guys
    • May 31, 2012
      You forgot to say to look slightly in the opposite direction of a or d (whichever one you are pressing).
    • Dec 27, 2012
      I thought that was obvious because if you don't then you will walk diagonally and that's no speed gain at all unless you intend to make things a lot harder than necessary.
    • Feb 11, 2012
      It's the same for going up ladders too in case you were wondering why people sometimes go faster there too
    • Jul 8, 2012
      What happened to just pressing w to go forward...

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jun 11, 2012
        2 mainstream, got no zazz. Gotta have some wow factor in your steps else you are like all the other sheeples. Gotta have some controversy else you 2 old 2 be school.
      • May 31, 2012
        Uh ok. Forrest Gump thought running away was obvious, but he didn't.
      • Feb 9, 2012
      • Nov 29, 2012
      • Apr 3, 2013
        Just turn your guy in about a 30 degree angle, Hold W and spam A/D depending on which direction. This allows you to run at 265 velocity, whereas the normal velocity is 250.
      • Oct 6, 2012
        well i do know how to go up ladders by strafing but i just didnt know how to fast walk or "strafe walk" XD
      • Aug 10, 2012
        in console do cl_showpos 1, go to a straight wall, then hold A and W or D and W (depending on which side of the wall) and face your crosshair a bit to the bottom right or left corner of your screen, but not fully. If you experiment with this you will see what I mean, It'll look like you are leaning against it. If you pull this off successfully, you can move around 277 MS, which is a lot faster than 250, and is very noticeable.
        • Informative Informative x 1
        • Nov 17, 2012
          Only 265?
          If you put cl_showpos 1 in console, a little thing will be up in the corner telling you your velocity.

Can get up to 277.22 I think my highest on pF was. It varies from server to server as settings are different.

Edit: Missread, that's for wall running^^

usually around 267-270 strafe running with Knife, Pistols or Nade.
        • Mar 30, 2013
          Hey, straferun max velocity is 262-263 but you can't keep the value, it always change between 258-263.
          Wallrun max velocity with knife is 278.14 (i just did that yesterday) but you often reach 277.08. With a scout, your max velocity is 288.##

I created a script for the straferun, it make you keep the 262 value. But for the moment it crash on server that disallow WAIT command. But work on LAN.
        • Feb 11, 2012