Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

R.I.P Michael Clarke Duncan

Discussion in In The News started by Dani, Sep 3, 2012

1. Sep 14, 2008
    "Michael Clarke Duncan, the Oscar-nominated star of The Green Mile, died Monday in a Los Angeles hospital after two months of treatment for a heart attack. He was 54.

The imposing 6-ft., 5-in., 300-lb. actor with a warm smile and gentle demeanor "never fully recovered" from the July 13 heart attack, said a rep for his fiancé Omarosa Manigault.

"Manigault is grateful for all of your prayers and asks for privacy at this time," says the rep. "Celebrations of his life, both private and public, will be announced at a later date.

Duncan's breakout performance as John Coffey in the 1999 Tom Hanks hit The Green Mile earned him an Academy Award nomination. He went on to appear in such films as Armageddon and Planet of the Apes."

The Green Mile was one of my favourite movies. He will be missed :frown:
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Just saw it on Yahoo! news, I was like ":frown:.......!!!! that guy?????????"
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      Also one of my favorite actors.. rip guy :frown:
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Jul 14, 2010
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • May 31, 2012
        • Oct 20, 2011
          • Like Like x 1
          • Jan 30, 2011
            Yeah, really sad to hear the news. Loved him in an episode or two of 'Chuck', but hadn't seen him in any other films/shows. However, he will be dearly missed, but never forgotten.
            • Agree Agree x 1