Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Racism Rules

Discussion in Help Desk started by Littlemanny, Jan 8, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mar 21, 2014
    Can someone explain to me why the admins kick/ban if someone has Nicaraguan in their name, but not faggot?

Where is the list of words that is allowed vs not allowed?
  2. Oct 24, 2013
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    Could you elaborate on what happened to result in "Nicaraguan" getting kicked from the server? Was there ongoing racism/racial slurs being said in the server? Was it someone just testing the admins? Or had they literally not said anything? Be careful of what you say, i WILL find out the truth.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mar 21, 2014
      I didn't get kicked, one guy had it as his name, then 2 others put it as their clan tag.

Then they had faggot as their clan tag which the admins said was fine. So I am wondering why Nicaraguan is more offensive than faggot.
    • Jan 9, 2015
      My clan Tag was Nicaragua-, because my parents are from Nicaragua. I was banned for 2 days for having this as my clan tag primarily. 2 people had faggots in their clan tag, but joined the game with those tags.
    • Oct 29, 2010
      The faggot comparison is pointless and getting old.

I assume you were one of the two banned by @Tokemon, perhaps he can shed some light on what happened here.
    • Jan 9, 2015
      I was banned by Tokemon and then the next day by Capital Steez(Today), for blocking(didn't happen) & glitching into a machine as a zombie(accident)
    • Feb 27, 2012
      This shouldn't have happened if you were a zombie.
    • Jan 9, 2015
      I was trying to get out of a room and I ended up behind a machine, and he said I was intentionally glitching into it. Pretty sure that I was behind the machine and not in it, but I don't know.
    • Mar 21, 2014

It's something that is actually offensive. If I walk up to a person and say, hey Nicaraguan, odds are they give me a puzzled look. If I walk up to someone and say "Hey faggot" I'm most likely getting my face punched...Why? because its offensive
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Feb 27, 2012
        It depends on what was going on in the server at the time.

Lets just say that there was racial slurs flying in the server, and I (the admin) was taking action on that. Then Steve decides he's going to get smart and make is name Nicaraguan, the spout to the server "lel my name is Nicaraguan look guise," just to purposely skirt around the rule. I take notice on that. I would hand out a warning to him as well for trying to further provoke the issue at hand. If he just plays on the server and minds his own business, that's a different story. He should be left alone at that point. We have a player who pops on the server once in a while with the alias Negrito Bandito. We don't bother warning him for his name, because first of all it's not racist in any way when translated. However, if he were like "lelelelel my name isn't racist look guise XDXDXD" trying to cause trouble and get the subject of racism started, then we'd deal with him like anyone else using racial slurs. When it comes to a players name, it mostly comes down to context. The chat isn't any different either. If someone is talking in a different in language, lets say Spanish, and lets say they use "negro" somewhere in their sentance. In spanish, Negro means black. However, if Momo was to go into the server and say "ayyyyyyy what up my negros," that would be bad.

I hope this clears somethings up for you.
        Post Merged, Jan 9, 2015
        He is speaking of the comparison of "nigga" (or whatever word you want to put in there that can be considered racist) to "faggot". You're comparing apples to oranges.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jan 9, 2015
          Just for the record. The clan tag was brought up because a guy named "Yung Boi" saw the clan tag and said "Nicaragua" on Mic, and an Admin said "I hope you didn't say what I just think you said". And the debate on the clan tag took off.
        • Mar 21, 2014
          I had no problem with those people being kicked, but it only answers half of my question.

Why is racism not allowed on the server, is it because it is offensive to people? I guess I don't understand why some offensive things are allowed, while others are not.
        • Feb 8, 2013
          • Funny Funny x 1
          • Oct 29, 2010
            Long story short, faggot is allowed here, racial slurs are not, and discrimination is not.

It's been discussed ad nauseam on these forums, you're welcome to look around.
          • Mar 21, 2014
            I was not aware of that, that's for explaining it to me. I really was just curious, because everyone was in an uproar over both things in the game.
          • Mar 21, 2014
            Well now I get yelled at by Lexii for calling someone a faggot after they call me one...Is it allowed or not?!?!
          • Feb 27, 2012
            This is probably something that should have been posted in an abuse thread or a Contact Senior Admins thread.
          • Mar 21, 2014
            The thing is, I don't know what is considered abuse or not, because it seems everyone has their own rules on allowed vs not allowed words...
          • Jan 25, 2014
            I was there and Lexi overstepped her bounds. But if I remember right she only warned so I didn think it was a huge deal
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.