Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

!radio

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by meeko, Sep 17, 2012

1. Oct 29, 2010
    I saw Kyosuke's thread, and that reminded me. . .

Do the Plaguefest servers still have the !radio function? I know that back in the middle of 2010, we definitely had !radio but nowadays, I'm not sure if such an option exists.

So . . . could we resurrect !radio? Or does it still exist?

(Yea, I know I can toggle on both CSS and iTunes and use the volume mixer options, but passive consumption of music via a !radio option would be much more fluid to the user, no? Plus, it would save some us a bit of RAM usage. . .)
    • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Feb 14, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Dec 6, 2011
        Would enjoy the radio feature for some reason as well, even though I can easily toggle an online radio station through my iTunes.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Dec 6, 2011
        • Jun 18, 2012
          This is a thing I've always enjoyed on Syndicate Gamers, with their ''epic-radio'' and derpy DJ's, or w/e they are. I say put it in. :smile:
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Maybe even a context menu that will take you to a different station depending on your liking? One person likes death metal, while the other likes jazz... wouldn't be that great if the majority or all of the music was from one specific genre that a person doesn't like. But, that would also make it more work for the mod depending if you can just get random radio stations that are out there, or get all the music on the server, make a playlist for each genre and making different context menus/commands.
        • Oct 29, 2010

We did have !radio right here in pf long before any of you joined Plaguefest (I'm talkin' 2010/mid-2011). When you typed !radio, a menu appeared, and you had a choice in selecting between multiple genres. Since pf DID have this perk, I'd imagine that it shouldn't be too difficult to re-add, no?

Sometime in the last few months, !radio was inexplicably removed, and we never noticed it. (Will us never noticing it be the roadblock to its re-implementation?)

I'm curious if we can bring it back (And !pirate. . .for a few days. Or surprise the fuck out of us.)

If not. . . /thread. I guess I'll just use iTunes -_-/.,
          meeko, Sep 17, 2012 Last edited by meeko, Sep 17, 2012
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Ohhh. Well, i never knew we had a radio. I've played on servers with them, and they are nice to have lol.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Apr 9, 2012
            Not long ago I remembered another thread about this, and apparantly it's dissallowed for performance reasons/lagg or something of the like. The idea however sounds nice, but you might as well just open a random ragtag radio channel on the internet or if you really want: iTunes
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • Apr 9, 2007

I don't know if there's still a Source Tunes hook. Would you guys prefer a menu with hard coded stations or something goofy like Source Tunes?
            • May 14, 2011
              Personally. Menu with the option to !shoutout etc.
            • Jul 16, 2012
              Radio would be great. It would definitely slow down the mic spamming on full servers. Due to everyone listening to music. It would be a great way to draw in fresh players and make Plague Fest an even greater gaming community. Just another way to make this place even better! I'm all for it.
            • Jun 18, 2012
              If Source Tunes is the one with !Djftw/!choon and stuff like that definately that one. I know some people don't like these days ''pop'' music and would prefer different channels, but when playing with gamers you'll actually end up having pretty much every genre and a troll song every once in a while. You'll never get bored and people will get to broaden their horizons :wink:.

One thing that might happen is some singing along every once in a while though ... but let's be honest ... you can't keep still with:

STAYIN ALIVE, STAYIN ALIVE

It ussually brings laughter so not that much of a problem, it's against the rules however. <--- problem?
            • Feb 14, 2012
              Right because people screaming the song lyrics into the mic isn't spam at all. :razz:
              • Like Like x 1
              • Winner Winner x 1
              • Jul 16, 2012
                Way to undermine me and ruin my whole point. I was talking about other spam. Such as: people spamming the mics with annoying sounds, burping or just random screaming. Or even loud conversations or arguments about who killed who.
              • Feb 14, 2012
              • Jul 16, 2012