Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Radio

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Tony the Tiger!! :D, Jun 5, 2014

1. Feb 27, 2012
    I would like to suggest a Radio plugin for the servers. I know it was asked before, and Kyle actually had started something relating to a radio plugin, but from what i remember, he was streaming the music. So, instead could we use website that hosts many genres, such as https://cmd.fm/ I personally really like this website. It has a ton of Genres to choose from, you can adjust volume, and it isn't bloated with ads. It kind of looks like a CMD prompt. It randomly picks songs from Soundcloud and plays them depending on the genre you picked.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • May 15, 2011
      If this is a thing and it does get added and if it's even possible to add more, could I suggest adding 98 Rock to the list? I know me and Badgirl listen to it on occasion as it's funny as hell, it's really just 3 hillbillies bitching about stupid shit with music every now and then, but it's certainly a good laugh, especially if it can spark conversations in game.
    • Mar 29, 2012
      Can people just play there own music in the background instead of relying on a plugin
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 27, 2012
        I would think it wouldn't take that much power to run a plugin server wise. It is just relaying the website to you through the server. Plus, people can discover new music for themselves with this. I've discovered a bunch of new songs that i really like.

@Driftpanda why don't you want the plugin? Just wondering why you "disagree" then said nothing about why.
      • Aug 11, 2013
        normal people have spotify. why have radio? people can use youtube. and btw i use spotify all the time!! and then i mean all the time when imm playing! that is no problem. idk if others think that is difficult.
      • May 15, 2011
        No, we're just lazy and want ease of access. I don't want to minimize my game to find new music or change stations. Yes it's true the idea is actually useless since there are many ways to go around doing it yourself, but we want a easier, hassle free method that involves doing nothing but typing in a few words/numbers.
      • Apr 3, 2013
        • Spotify have commercials, need to pay monthly to remove them.
        • Not every country has access to Spotify
        • With YT, you have to constantly switch tabs to switch songs unless you make a playlist
        • Normal people? wtf do you mean
        I can say that I support the idea of a radio, but I can never get a radio on SourceMod to work.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Oh yeah, lets use youtube where ads exist, and a lot of countries can't listen to songs because of Copyright issues.

Spotify has commercials. cmd.fm doesn't. Also it is blocked in a lot of countries.

Dirtbag summed it up exactly how i felt.
      • Apr 12, 2014
        I think that this is an awesome idea, i've had spotify prem forever now, but its another program i have to run, where this plugin is built into the server, i've always been looking for something to make those boring moments when hiding on a map more fun, but also being able to listen to mic chatter.
      • Feb 27, 2012
        Oh yes, and that reminds me, In the last screenshot, it says "Flappy Bird" and "Mario". So if you're bored on the server because you're in a boring spot or are just listening to what is going on in the server, those are there.

[IMG]

[IMG]
      • Apr 12, 2014
        Not to say I'm bored, just if the server is more empty on the mornings I don't have to alt tab to change Spotify

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
      • Jun 18, 2012
        Yea cause that certainly wouldn't create a situation with you know, A SHITTON OF MICSPAM!!! ... Just a regular day on ZE with Mr. Dirtbag when all of a sudden a BAHAMOTH appears, misses klouddette screaming: ''shoot him in the face, shoot him in the face.'' Whilst at the same moment Mr. Dirt discusses ''why le banjoo is most certainly the most epic instrument ever created'' (No clue what rednecks rant about.)

If I recall there's been talk of a radio plug-in a long time ago and I can see the ease and comfort of it. I used to have it on when communication wasn't necessary on other servers.
      • May 15, 2011
        Lol, I guess I'm more talking about ZM, or the old ZMP, which was 100% random banter. ZMP was more of a chat room than a game, unlike ZE (And sometimes ZM), which I rarely/never play on because it's so hardcore. To add to this, I don't think having a radio on ZE would work very well, since it requires actual team work so if you can't hear what your teammates are saying it's kind of counter productive, no? ZM/ZMP on the other hand need no teamwork.
        • Funny Funny x 1
        • Mar 16, 2008
          Woah woah woah, don't be getting up in Sacramento music.
          • Funny Funny x 3