Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rainbow Crosshairs

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by Katana, May 14, 2012

1. Oct 4, 2011
    This material file makes your cross-hair go through a continuous rainbow color pattern by using a sin-wave function. It's excellent for seeing your cross-hair on bright maps and against bright skybox textures.

This will only work as long as the server being played on is using sv_pure 0 !!!

Install instructions:

Step 1:
    Download and save the .zip file. It's attached at the end of this post. Then extract the white_additive.vmt from the archive and move it to the folder as described below.

Default install path:

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\<account name>\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials\VGUI
    where 'account name' is the name of YOUR account.

Step 2:
    Open CSS

Step 3:
    If developer console is already enabled, skip to step 4.

Find advanced keyboard options and check the box labeled "Enable developer console (~)"

Step 4:
    Open the console (tilde key (~) by default)

Step 5:
    Enter the following in your console:

Code:
    cl_crosshairusealpha 0

Step 6:
    Play! (And kick ass with your new cross-hair)

On a related note,
    If you liked how cross-hairs worked previous to the OB update, and want a custom cross-hair size, enter the following in the console:

Code:
    cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 1

Then set the size using the following command:
    Code:
    cl_crosshairscale <num>
    where 'num' is a number of your choosing. A larger number will result in a smaller cross-hair.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • May 20, 2011
      Thank you Katana, was having a dilemma here!
    • Feb 14, 2012
      I know this is probably a stupid question but does pF use sv_pure 0?
    • Oct 4, 2011
      Yup, or at least it works for me and Slish on the pF servers so i assume so ^.^
    • May 14, 2011
      to check server settings simply type sv_pure into console (dont press enter) and the number after it gives the servers settings.
    • May 20, 2011
      y no hit enter. Does the same thing. It even gives you an expended explanation what sv_pure does when you do.
    • May 14, 2011
      You can hit enter if you want to O.o :razz:
    • May 5, 2011
      It works thanks katana, i hate my my cross-hair in ski mountain its so hard to see but with this its much better :grin:
    • May 14, 2011
      Turn your Transparacy to 0% in ski_mountain. It helps fix a lot of problems.
    • May 5, 2011
    • May 14, 2011

This will make sure the cross-hair is complelty separate from he background. This fixes every single cross-hair problem. You can even see it if the back ground is the same colour. (Use my colour it pwns)

(I recommend everyone does this, yes even you stalkers reading this thread out of boredom even though it has nothing to do with you :razz: )
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Oct 4, 2011
        Oh, well that works too ^^^^ I just like the rainbow, it looks cool lol. I've been using it for like a year now and thought id share with you guys :grin:
      • May 14, 2011
        Its cool but i like the old_school game. Don' like massive changes in it.
      • Oct 4, 2011
        Fine by me, whatever works best for you guys, this was just a neat little trick some guy in my community showed me. I actually didnt know about the blend thing, thats good, i think slish mentioned the rainbow lowered his fps or something too so if you dont want the whole rainbow thing use that
      • May 20, 2011
        You gotta start paying attention to what I write to you missy - I asked if it does and nope it does not for general info.
      • Oct 4, 2011
      • Dec 8, 2013
        Hi everyone, i have a quastion regarding to the rainbow crosshair...Is it possible to use it since the latest update??? i hav played earlier with it and i want to play again with it :smile:)...