Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Random Mute

Discussion in Admin Abuse started by Rush, Jan 30, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 6, 2010
    ~I Love ya Bella; However, You Were Outta Line with the Mute-Stick Tonight.

If people are NOT spamming, you should not mute them just because it's the topic of Politics.
    PlagueFest isn't a Restaurant or a Bar & we were having a Low-Volume, Totally Sane conversation about the Next Election with Nobody but you complaining....
  2. Jan 21, 2011
    Plaguefest isn't a proper vessel for a political discussion either. It's a CSS community. Talk CSS.
  3. Jun 10, 2011
    It's was a long winded, never ending, very loud politics discussion.

I do not know where the clause in the rules against heavy politics/religion discussion went, but regardless, 3-4people talking constantly on mic constitutes spam in my book.

EDIT: However, I shall admit that the noise level may have been greatly magnified by one person clearly incapable of wearing a headset.
  4. Apr 4, 2009
    In game mics are a privilege, we could disable it completely if we wanted to. Mic chat is supposed to be kept to relevant in game talk, when you hold conversations that aren't relevant you make it so people can't when they want to.

If you want to talk about random shit keep it short.
  5. Dec 6, 2010
    If 5 out of [like] 10 people fall into talking about that topic, it IS-NOT Spamming.

~Just saying ya shouldn't Mute because we started talking about an election... It's not like we were singing Michael Jackson tunes.
  6. Aug 18, 2006
    As long as the discussion remains within server rule guidelines (no spam, disrespect, etc), then it should be allowed. There are no rules that restrict political discussions.

Although I do agree, non-relevant conversation should be kept to a minimum.
  7. Jun 10, 2011
    [color="#8AFF7A]In which case when was this removed? As it was previously in the server rules along with mic spam and religious discussions.

EDIT: Regardless of this, with the sheer number of people talking, this particular situation still fell under 'mic spam'

Also; Disrespect is no longer a rule.
  8. Aug 18, 2006
    This was never an official server rule. They were frowned upon as they are sensitive subjects and can often lead to arguments, but this was never in the rule set.

By disrespect I meant keeping the conversation intelligent so that it would not lead to an argument where people would start flaming each other and therefore create a problem. I was NOT referring to the old "admin disrespect" rule.
  9. Jul 20, 2010
    I was under the impression that mic spam also relates to people using the mic for minutes on end to have a chat about random things that then clogs up game chat for people that might want to ask for help or try and do some teamwork. I've muted people before for chat that is pointless and has nothing do with the game at hand.
  10. Nov 14, 2010
    Do not spam the mic or chat.
    • Mic spam includes nonstop use, playing music, using voice changers constantly, or leaving mic on when not in use. Chat spam includes repeating the same message multiple times, sending long unbroken strings of characters, or talking nonstop in all caps.
    Every moment of time during that game was non-stop use on the mic. I asked an LSA if I could mute them because it was extremely annoying, and spam. So I did, then they got mad about it, and some even started calling me names. I calmly reacted by saying "If you have a problem you would like to discuss, please take it up on the forums. Of course the name calling continued, and mean things were said.

"Lactating Milf" <- ???
    "Fucking Gay"
    "If you cant understand politics you are not sophisticated or a male."
    "Fuck you"

And the list goes on.

None of the admins/LSAs disagreed with the decision that was made.

I was not out of line, merely because I had permission to do so.
    I'm sorry you fail to understand what mic spamming is.
  11. Apr 9, 2007
    Which server was this on? If it's ZE, any sort of prolonged conversation should sadly be held to a minimum.

You're welcome to use our Mumble Server if you wish to have really long conversations.
  12. Dec 6, 2011
    Although it's not a rule, every single time a little politics comment slips from somebody's mouth, the whole server goes up in turmoil over the next election and who's doing what. I allow it as long as it doesn't turn into something that's annoying to the players and spammy (which, so far, always has). All of the past political discussions on ZE have gotten out of hand and had to be contained.
  13. Jun 10, 2011
    ZM1 Kyle
  14. Dec 6, 2010
    ~Look, Nobody Dis-Respected Bella [by any means], that's not cool to do. All I'm saying is that the Mute-Stick got waived around with-prejudice [not cool]!!!
    It was like Must, Mute, Mute. Ok, that's Admin turf, sure, but there wasn't a Flame-War going on & I was just getting into the conversation [which wasn't bothering the entire server].

Why wave the Mute Wand around soooo damn fast like that?

"No More Politics Guys" <-- Would Have Shut Me Up Just Fine.
  15. Nov 14, 2010
    Many people disrespected me, and I was quite offended by how I was treated for doing the right thing, so false.
    The muting stick had a purpose, even though you may disagree, so false.

There was a huge flame-war going on, so false.
    It was bothering the majority of the server, and every admin/LSA present, so false.
    I did give a warning over mic (which you may not have heard due to the spamming mics), and in chat through the administrators chat, so false.

Don't believe me, check logs.
    I pulled those quotes right out of my console.

It's not my fault you fail to heed the warnings I've given.
    Not to mention a few players tried to tell you guys to stop spamming mic as well.

Any other lies you want to contribute to this abuse thread?
  16. Apr 4, 2009
    You can always ask someone on steam or mumble about an issue, may be easier then posting.
  17. Mar 26, 2011
    Right here is the best.
  18. Jul 24, 2011

Spamming is taken differently with each admin. For me: If someone is holding down the mic button(even if they aren't saying anything) and simply won't let go of it; then i'll follow up with a Warning --> Mute. Now other admins don't see it like that. Now it really depends on the situation at hand. Since I was not there it'll be pretty hard for me to contribute to the situation at hand but without solid evidence that bella was misusing admin, you don't have a case.

If bella felt there was mic spamming taken place, took the correct steps to warn before muting; then bella did the right thing to mute them. Otherwise, this is simply a qq-thread and holds no case as to getting bella in trouble for misusing admin. and from the looks of people's replies, bella was not out of line and took action as expected. Non-stop mic usage is considerd "Mic spamming".
  19. Jan 8, 2012
    Theirs no reason to take a mute to the heart, just deal with it for the remainder of the map and learn from your mistakes. Whether you agree or disagree its not like your banned or perm muted forever, and most of the time ( at least I do ) will unmute you later in the round to a hopefully more tranquil person.

Just sayin :thumbsup:
  20. Aug 2, 2010
    It's not that difficult to ask people to drop a conversation before throwing the mute command into the fray. I've had to ask for topics to be dropped as there was no end in sight. Normally people shut up rather quickly and all is forgotten.

Try asking for the topic to be changed in the future is what Rush seems to be getting at. I wholeheartedly agree a warning would go a long way.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.