Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Random people being moved to spectate?

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by tqt58, Nov 6, 2011

1. Jul 27, 2011

I was playing on zm Lila Panic earlier today, and I noticed that random people were being moved to spectate.

For example: It would move people randomly saying: Shazam has moved ... to spectate.

Its happened to Purplehaze and zombie slayer as well.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

2. Feb 18, 2011
    When you go afk theres a cetian amount of time you have before the Antiafk-script moves you to spectate.
  3. Oct 29, 2010
    Was it specifically saying you moved them to spec or that someone else moved them to spec?
  4. Jul 27, 2011
    Me, specifically. The three admins listed in the original post have all encountered this :/
  5. Dec 7, 2010
    The AFK manager moves you into spectate automatically if you do not move or fire within a minute. So if you are hiding/camping without moving you will be moved into spectate.
  6. Jul 1, 2010
    None of you have anything bound to @spec? Thats kinda weird if it's just kinda auto speccing with an admins name.
  7. Jul 27, 2011
    Ik, but why does it say that ive moved the person to spectate?
  8. Feb 18, 2011
    Does this happen at random while you are playing? Do the admins have a bind to spec and they might just be accidently hitting it?
  9. Dec 7, 2010
    As Anathema had indicated, you may have bound a key to move an individual to spectate. I would check all your binds to verify.
  10. Aug 20, 2011
    Yes as i was just playing it said i had moved some one to spec i was like wtf?
  11. Sep 18, 2011
    Just saw this post, yes it happen to me already today. I was talking in admin chat and I saw that I moved someone to spectate but I had not typed @spec and dont have it binded to any keys. Was very strange indeed, only happened once to me personally though.
  12. Apr 9, 2007
    I was messing with Spectate on ZM1. You're all talking about ZMP right?
  13. Jul 14, 2010

14. Mar 26, 2011
    How many Mins tell you be AFK manager 1min or 3??
  15. Feb 18, 2011
  16. Oct 29, 2010
    As far as the ones who've experienced it, it was only on ZMP.
  17. Aug 8, 2011
    well actually i was shooting but not moving just shooting and it moved me anyway
  18. Apr 9, 2007
    Wow no shit. Read the bold.

Thanks. Was it all on the same map?
  19. Oct 29, 2010
    Hmm, didn't ask about the map. I played for a couple hours earlier and had only seen it happen once, and I don't know panic map names so I'm not sure where we were. XD

Shazam can probably provide a better answer though.
  20. Jul 27, 2011

Nope, Happened to me on westside, while it happened to PurpleHaze on Firewall I believe. Not too sure where it happened to zombie_slayer.