Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Randomize Map Voting Numbers

Discussion in Counter-Strike: Source started by ninjablooper, Oct 19, 2011

1. Oct 14, 2011
    We seem to have too many 1 spammers. To prevent this from affecting the map choice I say we make the map numbers randomized somehow. I've seen this done on Gmod servers and it works well. If you're curious what I mean...

PERSON 1 SEES:

1. Minas Trinth
    2. Mako
    3. Predator
    4. Extend

BUT PERSON 2 SEES:
    1. Mako
    2. Extend
    3. Minas Trinth
    4. Predator

I think this idea will be very effective to people actually choosing a map they want instead of the first one they see.
  2. Feb 20, 2011
    Good Lord the people would have a heart attack if Mako, Predator and Minas appeared in 1 vote.
  3. Feb 21, 2007
    now this is an interesting idea (rather than the over-asked "why dont u get rid of one and start votes at two")

although I am not sure if a plugin could implement such a thing
  4. Oct 29, 2010
    I have a new trolling mission now. muahahahahahah
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    This could have some undesirable effects... or it might work out very well. Thank fuck this isn't another thread about making 1. votes null or some shit, jebus.

At first players will still spam mic/chat with shit like "2! 2! 2!" but once they catch on they'll gradually change to spamming map names. We'll still have our 1 spammers, but at least they wont all be voting for the same map, if anything their votes could be considered a 'random' option instead of 1 spamming.

I haven't put any extended thought into this other than this brief post, but from the initial gist of it this idea is better than all the others posted and could possibly work. We should be trying to think of what issues might arise, if any. However, no point speculating this if we can't make it happen. Pretty certain it would have to be in the form of a custom plugin for PF as I've never seen this on alliedmodders or other forums/servers. Perhaps we could just edit the map vote plugin on SM and add in randomized support, again just speculating here don't take anything I say as fact. :confused:
  6. Apr 6, 2011
    I like the idea i dont know what it would take but sounds like a new way to makes sure 1 spam isnt a problem.
  7. Oct 29, 2010
    Why the hate, I still think that's the best solution. :ninja:
  8. Apr 29, 2011
    This would also make it fair on another front.

When admins/donators nominate maps, as it is, the first one to nominate gets the first slot on the vote list, which usually means that their nom wins (keyword usually). It would be nice to not have to nominate at the moment you connect to try and get your map in first.
  9. Feb 20, 2011
    I mute anyone repeating a number over the mic for 2 reasons.

1. It's Mic Spam pure and simple

2. A player with a mic telling everyone what to vote for is amazingly influential in making players pick a map, even a really bad one they all hate.

Sometimes it gets so bad it warrants a whole server mute for the duration of the map vote.
  10. Aug 12, 2011
    I believe this mod has such an option: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=134190

It was implemented in my old community, however I'm not too sure of how well it works.

If you scroll down to about halfway down the page he gives an example of the scrambling in votes.
  11. Oct 29, 2010
  12. Aug 5, 2010
    I could not stop loling at this. I dont know why but its fucking fantastic :woot:

But other than that i think its an amazing idea but it will cause confusion for a wile.
  13. Dec 7, 2010
    Here we go again.. Yet another topic on the same thing regurgitated hundreds of times over. Doesn't anyone bother looking?
  14. Feb 18, 2011
    Plenty of people did and realized although it is the same thing, it has a better solution towards it. :grin:
  15. Oct 14, 2011
    Know I'm a bit late, but thanks for all the support. i really hope this idea can continue on such a good path.
  16. Dec 17, 2010
    Its a good idea to have this for our servers but i haven't seen enough ragers for this plugin to go thru. Yes we all hate the 1 spammers and like brian has said they will just spam the number and eventually catch on. So yea you got my yes vote and i would be a happy camper if this works.
  17. Sep 6, 2010
    Don't see why not try this out. Then again have to look at possible complications like plug in can mess up with the settings and such..
  18. Jun 23, 2010
    Seems like a good idea, but other said it might have some backfire. But its worth a try! :grin:
  19. May 11, 2011
    this is one of the best ideas for 1 spamming yet only backfire i can see is if they hit random numbers to get it off the screen :thumbsup:
  20. Nov 14, 2010
    There should be a new voting system made.

Once you die, about half-way through the game, a menu should pop up in the middle of the screen, not allowing them to spawn until they vote.
    The voting will be active until the map ends, and people should be allowed to change their vote at any time by typing a command.
    Option 1 should be (Vote Later) which closes it for them, and won't appear until "last round" is called, forcing them to vote.