Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Fixed Rank info is inaccessible during the first few rounds

Discussion in Server Suggestions & Bugs started by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Dec 18, 2013

1. Oct 30, 2013
    so starting 2 days ago i noticed within the first second and sometimes until end of 3rd round you cannot view any of these commands.

1.next

2.status

3.session

as well i have noticed the same thing happens with the website stat viewing option.

just thought i should post about it because it is really quite annoying to have to wait until the 3rd round of a map to see what progress or decline you have made.
    Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Dec 18, 2013 Last edited by Peter凸(¬‿¬)凸, Dec 18, 2013
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    This section is just for site suggestions, you should try posting in the Servers section. A moderator will probably move it for you though, so no worries.
  3. Feb 27, 2012
    The ranking system is entirely broken for the first 3 rounds, then comes back up. Pretty sure that puts a big delay on the stats page, too.
  4. Feb 3, 2012
    Currently isn't working for me after the first round past. :confused:
  5. Apr 9, 2012
  6. Feb 3, 2012
  7. Oct 30, 2013
    yes as i stated it begins to work on the 3rd round.
  8. Aug 12, 2012
  9. Feb 11, 2012
    Someone mentioned it was doing this yesterday too.
  10. May 31, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
    • Oct 30, 2013
    • Apr 9, 2007
      GameMe is garbage, I don't know why we're using it.
    • Feb 27, 2012
      • Agree Agree x 3
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Feb 23, 2013
        Agreed :razz:, not the greatest system
      • Jun 4, 2006
        Sometimes the in-game commands don't work, seemingly at random sometimes and I'm not sure why, but gameme parses the server console printout to record all the stat related information it needs, so even if the in-game commands aren't working for some reason, stats are still being collected at all times. The most common reason for stats to stop being collected is if gameme changes their monitoring IP and we then need to update our firewall rules so gameme can access our servers again. This isn't the case however, and gameme is still parsing our server consoles.

I'm guessing the servers are just taking a while to connect to gameme's database on map change, but I haven't verified this. All I've verified is that gameme can still read our servers & collect stats.

This isn't anything critical, the only issue here is being unable to see your rank in-game during the first few rounds, so I'm not too concerned personally. If this issue persists though I will put in a ticket with gameme and inquire about the delay. I'm banking on the issue resolving itself, but we'll see.

Based on what's currently available the alternative would be to use nothing, or something worse. Gameme is the best option. HLXCE and others don't come close.
        • Like Like x 1
        • May 31, 2012
          I feel like not all the stats are working during these rounds.

[IMG]

Today I got more than 2x kills with the XM1014 Shotgun and yesterday I got at least 1 kill with the Mac 10; nobody was awarded the Mac 10 yesterday even though there were kills and today some other person with only 2 kills is more likely to earn the XM1014 ribbon. I was spectating -L- during predator and I saw him get kills today with the Mac 10 also but his name is not on the scoreboard for the Mac 10. I've been keeping track because of my suspicion on the rank system.
        • Jan 21, 2011
          It doesn't seem to log chat from those rounds which in itself isn't a huge issue, but could prove further evidence toward joshy's claim.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Feb 27, 2012
            Yeah, and the stats page doesn't refresh for some time either. Went to go check someones stats page, and noticed it says 0/64 players and it's 2 and a half rounds in.
            [IMG]

We currently have 43 players.
          • Oct 29, 2010
            You have to F5 your browser for the page to update.
          • Feb 27, 2012
            I had reloaded the page a few times since then to confirm it wasn't updating -.-