Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rank resetting

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Kyro, Jul 29, 2017

1. Apr 26, 2015
    So an idea that came about was rank resetting, perhaps once every month. Though rank really means nothing in the server besides who can be the biggest whore, what is everyones thought on having a monthly rank reset with the top person each month receiving some sort of prize? Do you care about your rank? Do you want it ever reset, or no?
    • Like Like x 1
    • Feb 6, 2017
      I don't know, obviously some people have worked hard to improve their rank and be where they're at, and I'm sure many wouldn't want that to go away... [cough] ... Bross... [cough]....

I think it's a good database to have, for new players at least, who can see their progress compared to everybody who has connected, ever. (over 232 000 IIRC) On that though... last week my name wasn't in the ranks anymore, I had to connect in game for it to reappear (I hadn't played in a few weeks), is that a normal occurence or just a glitch?

However, I can see the server getting more traffic than usual if that had to happen.

EDIT: I would like it to stay as it is.
      Mr.Colonel.X, Jul 29, 2017 Last edited by Mr.Colonel.X, Jul 29, 2017
    • Jul 14, 2010
      That is normal. Players who are inactive disappear until they login again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • May 31, 2012
        Would there be a way to keep separate ranks like rank of all time and rank of the month? Then I don't think this would disrupt any groups should someone be unhappy with the idea.
        • Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
        • Aug 6, 2016
          I was scrolling down thinking about typing this exact thing. Curse you mr.27 minutes...
          Is there is a way to keep a plaque like thing on the stats page? Just have it show up in each players page. Highest rank achieved/Highest rank achieved this month/current rank.
        • Jul 14, 2010
          The rank system gives more points to people with a lower rank. So a full reset of points would have to happen. Points could be reset and players stats like play time could be kept.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Jul 13, 2011

top score gets vip, dont be J*w about it
          • May 31, 2012
            I guess a good middle ground - if someone wanted to keep the overall - would be to have the points awarded based on the overall, but an available monthly ranking. This is meaning the people who have high overall might struggle to achieve a high monthly ranking, but their overall status is preserved; people with lower overall ranking can be satisfied with a stab at a monthly win. I think the people with high scores or people who care will generally achieve more points anyways, but this is just a hand-waiving guess on behavior and trend.

What do people think of that?
          • Aug 10, 2013
            I think a ranking system isn't too necessary however would be fun. as long as people don't get butt hurt over it. Honestly, with admins and donators having perks like long jump and such, I feel that we would be higher ranked. Zombies not being able to reach us.. like on zm_unipanic. Again, i'm all for it, however I don't want to hear complaints from non-members.
          • Jul 26, 2016
            @Bross your masterpiece is about to be deleted, saad.
          • Nov 20, 2013
            • Like Like x 1
            • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
            • Mar 29, 2015
              Reset rank the top 10 atm have just been sad abusing/rank whoring noobs no skill in it. Bring back the rank!!!
            • Feb 2, 2014
              It takes about three weeks of inactivity to disappear from the server rank. Once you get to 0% activity, you become a :ghost:.

I haven't logged in ages, but I would still be in top10 if I come back. Lel, ok.

I kinda miss rank whoring, being a friendly zombie or surviving as a human by making friends with cute zombies. (◠‿◠)
              Watching Joshy fly on desprerados and pissing everyone off for nominating rats_cuisine... Aww.
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Jan 29, 2014
                Cant reset rank's till i pass that bitch bross :smile:
                • Like Like x 1
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • Mar 1, 2017
                  I agree with @Joshy. Try and keep a overall rank and then a seprate ranking system per month.

But what would the prizes be? o.0
                • Aug 6, 2016
                  Never has been a prize, that I know of. Aside from "Rank Whore" bragging rights. Some players just like to see how far they've gone in it. I believe people should play the game for the enjoyment of the mod, itself. Not just for the rank.
                • Mar 1, 2017
                  Did you know that when you reach a score of 1m, it rolls back over to 0? That's why I'm where I am now. It's not my fault I'm so good, I've broken the scoreboard.
                • Sep 1, 2014
                  It would be nice if players could reset their own rank :clap:
                • May 6, 2017
                  Yeah I would do top 5 get Vip, custom skins/etc etc.

Reset every month.

I saw in game someone went to spectator because we were playing on atix_Helicopter and he didn't want his deaths to mess up his rank.

REALLY? Who cares that much about Rank that they would go to spec for an entire 20minutes to avoid deaths in game? Thats just not enjoying zombies... Thats caring too much about rank.
                  Reset every month would be nice.
                  Post Merged, Aug 9, 2017
                  haha yes I just read this, and this one guy wouldn't play atix helicopter due to too many deaths from the nuke at the end, so the guy sat in spectator to not mess his rank up. thats not enjoyment of the server, thats your right Rank whoreing