Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Rank resetting

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by Kyro, Jul 29, 2017

1. Aug 6, 2016
    The only thing I have ever noticed anyone rank whoring over is the "rank" list in chat. Basically what is mainly displayed in the stats page. (Which is not affected by suicides. A.K.A. Nuke on Atix.) If this one player chose to sit in spec and tab out to watch an episode of their favorite series, then that's what they just chose to do. If anything, they only hurt their rank whoring opportunity of getting an almost guaranteed win on the zombie side.
  2. Jun 4, 2006
    Yeah, @Army pro vision next time you see that guy I'm sure he'd appreciate knowing the only things that hurt rank are being killed by other players and being inactive (not joining the server) for too long. As Isnu said, he's much better off staying on a team to potentially get the bonus points for winning a round.
  3. Feb 4, 2019
    Resetting the rank is really good i think.
    Even someone worked very hard for it for years makes it very hard for others to catch up first on that guy. And that person is probably not active anymore, so just go for the reset, or at least reset it like in other games, seasonally (fortnite,smite,etc)

A skin reward system for the top 3 players each season/month or so would be quite nice or other rewards which doesnt make the gameplay unbalanced.

And maybe a command to show your rank to others as well after typing it in chat.
    As i know "rank" only shows your rank to yourself. There was a command called "place" years ago as i remember which showed your rank in the chat so everyone could see it.

I really wanna play more zm again and hope you guys will improve your server a bit more.
  4. Jul 14, 2010
    This could be interesting except that ZM is pretty much casual and rank is just bragging rights.
    If people are inactive they fall off the top ranking so activity wise, it's pretty accurate. Those games you listed are made with ranked in mind whereas ZM was really made as a survival, not a death match.

The skin idea would be good incentive, except for the issues it could cause and then rules would need to be made for rank which I am usually against since it's just a title.
    If you wanna show off your rank, talk it up in game lol, but really a command? Do people really need that kind of attention lmao. Sorry if I sound like a dick but I mean come on now..

I can see a lot of issues with this, People sometimes sit at the afk spawn and goomba stomp zombies to farm points. I don't mind this because I don't believe rank should have rules disallowing this stuff because it is just a stat. But I can see a whole page being needed with how people could abuse the rank system and I just don't think the interest is there. It could change the environment of ZM to be more toxic for sure.
  5. Aug 6, 2016
    This is the smoking gun of the whole thing. IMO. Many issues with this, in the past. (Even without any rewards being in place.)
  6. Oct 29, 2010
    Incentives would be cool, but I'd much rather see them go toward something like play time (actually being active, not afk) over encouraging the behavior "rank whoring" seems to bring.
  7. Apr 9, 2007
    Bacon does this already. I'm not sure if it's still loaded.
  8. Mar 27, 2016
    I'd leave it or remove it. It's just shits and giggles and it's best it stays that way. Total kills is a better measure of player skill anyways, which is pretty obvious.

But the real reason is your rank system is beyond broken. If rank means anything you'll just get more spectators glitching it, for example, admins who put themselves into spec to take advantage of it.

spec-glitch
  9. Mar 29, 2015
    Ranks should be reset, Used to be a few years ago we could have fun getting to top 10 then they made it people can just goomba friends over and over and take all the fun out of even having ranks. RESET IT ALL ENFORCE THE RULES. HAVE FUN AGAIN!
  10. Apr 26, 2015
    For the record, my original intention wasn't to completely remove the all time ranks, but have a monthly ranking that gets people donator as a reward so the ranking system we have could be used for something good.
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Oct 1, 2017
      i think a monthly ranking would be a great idea
    • Dec 17, 2007
      That would be a good idea, might get ppl interested in playing more
    • Aug 6, 2016
      As long as everyone can be on the same page with boosting rank being a big fat NO. Then I'd be fine with this. Wonder what Managements take on it is.
    • Jul 14, 2010
      Rank can be filtered already by time for month. ( 4 weeks ) http://stats.plaguefest.com/players/css2?type=total&range=4

Not front page default I know, but the feature is there.

If people want that as the default vs all time and then add in some incentives and make rank whoring against the rules, that could be interesting, but I wonder if that is what the majority of players want. I still think many more enjoy playing casually.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Aug 6, 2016
        If it's that simple of a change, we could do it and it wouldn't affect casual players.
      • Jul 14, 2010
        Well points still may have to be reset because when a rank 1 player with 10k + pts is killed by a 1000 points player, they get a larger number than say the pllayer in 2nd place with 9k points would. IDK exactly how the stats works, but there's tons of little things like that.

Edit: this is it http://stats.plaguefest.com/help
        • Informative Informative x 1
          PeNguiN, Feb 5, 2019 Last edited by PeNguiN, Feb 5, 2019
        • Feb 4, 2019
          As I remember zombie mods before, it always had that "place" command. Ofc you can show off sometimes. and if you dont want you can use the "rank" command. i do not see a problem here if they put that back in tho.
        • Mar 1, 2018
          Kyro it’s tough work being a whore. Don’t let my hard work go to waste >:c Also idc. Reset if you want. You’ll just get a lot of people panicking at first if they don’t read the forums.
        • Jul 13, 2011
          but you can just goomba ur friends over n over.
        • Aug 6, 2016