Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Suggestion Ratings

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by sajak, Jun 9, 2012

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 11, 2011
    Any chance the 'optimistic' rating be a positive one instead of negative? I think of optimism as a positive -_-
  2. Dec 2, 2011
  3. Nov 11, 2011
  4. Mar 12, 2008
    It's not negative. It's neutral.
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Dec 2, 2011
      I agree I always thought of optimistic as a Good thing.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Optimistic thread.
      Anyways, doesn't optimistic mean sarcastic? (not good in English)
      Edit: fill me up with optimistic.
    • Apr 29, 2011
      Being optimistic means that you think the best possible outcome will happen. Ex: Optimistic thinkers would believe that when Haplo touches the server, things will not break.

I think that optimism is not something to be thought of as positive. The best possible outcome almost never happens. Thus, I view optimistic as being a waste of breath/post.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Who cares about optimistic or any other ratings? It's not like you're going to die if you get a neutral rating and your life will not change if you get a positive one.
    • Apr 29, 2011
      Why do people care about their score in ZM/MG/ZE? Not like you are going to die if you aren't in the top ten on the leader board.
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Do I give a fuck about gamtracker? It's been 3 years where I have been playing zm. I am probably last in ze and mg but seriously, I played an hour this month on mg and zm and I don't have anymore time for the stupid ranking. Idc if I'm the top 10 or not because it does not change my life.
    • Apr 29, 2011
    • Oct 27, 2010
      Edit: It does seem to make that little orange yellow number increase... Is that what the issue is?
      @Brian
      ::1/128, Jun 9, 2012 Last edited by ::1/128, Jun 9, 2012
    • Oct 17, 2011
      Well I saw you replying to my post so thought you were talking to me. Sorry brah.
    • Nov 11, 2011
      Yeah, it does bro. =/ To me, it's a representation of how you are viewed on the forums. It's not like I exist off my karma but it gives an insight onto how people perceive you.

EDIT: Went from -37 to -48 just in this thread.
    • Sep 25, 2010
      Enough with the rating spam please. You will get warned.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Apr 12, 2012
        Hmm this is an extremely pessimistic take on optimism :razz:

Optimism is a positive word, pessimism is a negative word. Maybe not for everyone, but for the vast majority.

edit - I would say the definition is more "a positive outcome" instead of "the best possible outcome". Just because you are optimistic doesn't mean you're expecting the BEST outcome.
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Jul 19, 2011
          I do agree though, optimistic is widely regarded as positive. I can see why the roots put it as neutral for having a positive outlook isn't always a good thing. However, being too positive can result in "living in an imaginary world". Optimism is a good thing; having fantasies is not. For example, hoping that you will be successful in life is optimistic. when Haplo touches the server, things will not break is living in a fantasy.
        • Jun 4, 2006
          Everyone who spammed / misused ratings in this thread have been warned, and some have been banned for allocating too many warning points.

Don't let ratings become an issue. I'm tired of hearing people bitch and moan. There are only positive and neutral ratings. There were negative (red) but they were removed for many obvious reasons, I figured neutral and positive would be OK. Disagree, for example, used to be negative. Optimism is considered neutral, not positive as it's the post content we're rating. I don't see someone posting "I think it will work great!" as being something that I should really pat you on the back for, more so hey cool, maybe you're right, have an Optimistic rating!

It's becoming more apparent that even neutral ratings are an issue but I'm not going to hide the neutral rating count total. Seems to me though you'd all stop bitching if the only thing you could see was that pretty green positive number sitting up top there / on your profile, but for now I digress.

Learn to use the ratings accordingly, please.

Locked.
          • Like Like x 2
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Winner Winner x 1
          • Zing! Zing! x 1
          Thread Status:
          Not open for further replies.