Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Re-launch of "The Mumble's" MC server

Discussion in Minecraft started by Taters, Mar 5, 2013

A poll, because I can.

Understandable. 9 vote(s) 37.5%
ur. 7 vote(s) 29.2%
The guys that said "ur" gargle dicks 8 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. Mar 12, 2008

Thanks to @Bella's hard work (seriously, thank you. I owe you one.) we have a functioning outlet to put updates on and work off of.

This site/server is not affiliated in any way with Plaguefest but everyone may try it out.

Site: REDACTED

or

hovelcraft.unqhosting.com/wordpress/

There's still stuff to clean up and "kits" to add but for now the server is considered LIVE.

================================
    This thread was made in reference to this post:

http://plaguefest.com/threads/looking-to-renew-a-server-but.12915/page-3#post-188726

It was suggested to me that I make a new thread about it as it's completely new from (pretty much) the ground up. All the old plugins are trashed, and the new mod, Pixelmon, is added along with a fresh map.

A good amount of Pokémon are implemented so far (~100 or so, more to come soon) and nothing has caused a catastrophic failure yet. The types include many from the original, including different types from Soul Silver, Black and White, etc... This is a pretty fun mod and a definite change of pace. If you've never played Pokémon before or are a seasoned player you might get a kick out of it.

To join the server you need the mod itself and the customized .jar files that you can find here at minecraftforge.net. simply download from one of the mirrors and continue on below.

After you complete the minecraftforge download, open your minecraft.jar file with your favorite archiving tool (winrar, 7zip etc) and copy all the files into the opened minecraft.jar. When you are finished copying, DELETE the META-INF folder and exit. Once you start minecraft back up, it should load the mods and you will be good to go. It's recommended that you at least make a backup of your current minecraft.jar beforehand and keep it in another folder properly labeled in case you want to switch back to regular minecraft (or if something goes wrong and you need to start over), as this mod persists offline in single player too.

For the Pixelmon mod files, just place them in the main .minecraft folder. Easy peazy.

The server currently has a whitelist since each town/piece is being built by hand but future plans are to go public since very few servers run this mod right now and it seems in high demand. If you wish to be whitelisted PM me here with MC name and i'll add it in when i can. I'm on daily so it shouldn't take too long. (However if you aren't someone I know personally/someone I don't trust I cannot give you block breaking rights - Everyone starts in adventure mode, which means no bare-hand block breaking - aside from those trusted that are helping to build who in turn have creative mode.). Regular players can still explore around and capture/fight with their pokemon. Rules will be strict and enforced right now as certain actions caused renders a person unable to move/act/type forcing a full restart of minecraft to function again. If you happen to get banned for this particular reason, don't expect to be unbanned until the developer fixes the bug.

Once towns are built and everything is settled hopefully launch won't be too bad. I can keep updates going here but as far as Announcements/possible contests/other possible crap I'll have to find another outlet. I don't want to make this the "server site". That's not fair to Brian or anyone else here.

As outlined in the thread mentioned above, once construction is complete all player info, including server OPs is to be wiped to discourage cheating. This ensures that everyone has a fresh start, and those that work hard will be properly rewarded for their invested time and effort.

Additional info: So far (possibly) a few of you reading this have offered to help with the server costs. That is greatly appreciated, but not necessary right now as I have covered this months bill. It was cheap since it's currently only 20 slots. Once this goes public, if you are willing and would still like to help, you may then. For now, lets focus on having some fun.

Thanks to everyone so far for your time and help, let's do our best!

Special props to Potato Paddy Bacon Supreme for putting up with my bullshit so far.

BACK TO WORK!

some controls:

P : sends out your selected pokemon
    O : collapses the UI of your active belt
    [ : selects the next descending pokemon on your active belt
    ] : selects the next ascending pokemon on your active belt

These can be rebinded in the controls menu for ease of access if you use a different hand placement.
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
      Taters, Mar 5, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Aug 30, 2014
    • May 27, 2008
      Here's a quick guide I came up with for making all the different Pokéball discs. Basically, to craft Pokéballs, you'll need a hammer, and a special anvil.
      This is the foundation for your next task, forging the Pokéball. Instead of you having to go looking everywhere to find out how things are made, I thought I'd cut to the chase and help you out by listing everything here.
      [IMG]
      Pictured above is my inventory. You'll see all the sorts of creatable Pokéballs currently available in this build, and weird coloured bombs. Those are actually Apricorns, and if you're familiar with the series, you'll know that these are obtained by trees and are used to create the Pokéball itself. Now in Minecraft, you have the opportunity to do what Kurt crafted for you, even faster! Notice the two rows? That's because you must cook them in a furnace before using them. When they drop from the trees, they'll be shiny. When they're cooked, they'll appear dull and shaded.

Let's take a look at the crafting table.

[IMG]
      Shown here is how you should be set up. You can set the Apricorns in any row you wish, as long as they remain side by side. As you can see by the number of actual Pokéballs, there's a lot of combinations to figure out, and if requested by the general public later, I'll gladly share the list of all possible known combinations. Back to the screenshot, you'll notice that it looks more like a blob than a lid to a Pokéball. That's because at this stage it's only a disc, and we'll get to that in a second. Next, we need to make the iron disc, which will require you to place three iron ingots in a row. You'll end up with a blob similar to the one above.

[IMG]
      When you've got those down, they'll appear in your inventory like so. This is the point where your hammer and anvil from earlier come in. Use either disc in whichever order you please on the anvil, and you'll see something that resembles this.
      [IMG]
      At this point, equip your hammer and hit it until it goes through three animations, then right click on the anvil, the disc should pop off and become a new item, a lid or a base.
      [IMG]

Now comes the final step of piecing it all together.

[IMG]

You'll need a stone button for the last step in this procedure, and it should all appear as I have shown you above. After that, take your completed Pokéball out, and you're done! Collect your item from the right side and you're ready to start catching and training. Good luck!
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
      • Mar 12, 2008
        I've added an addition to the current road system, the branch starts at "Canada" (temporary name, @RandomGuy gets to decide the permanent name) now leads through some forest and arrives at "Shiggyville" this name will be changed later when I can think of a proper name and can brain better when i have some sleep.

I've added a Connect 4 in the building there, it will double as the "lottery payout" place where you can redeem your immense winnings for stuff.

You may add on to shiggyville, just don't touch the pimp-shack A.K.A Game room. This will be the chill-out area if your tired of fighting shit. Jukebox and record included. Stay a while and listen.

[IMG]
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Oct 4, 2011
          Just as a heads up too, there is more to come from this mod, updates and whatnot, so when one does come out, you download/place the new mod in the same location as you did with this (when it asks to replace or merge, just hit yes to everything), then make sure to delete the old mod from your mods folder.
          • Useful Useful x 1
          • Mar 1, 2013
            Anybody wishing to be a serious part of the server can request becoming a gym leader or a part of the Elite Four. We currently only have 5 or 6 people who desire to be gym leaders. The pokemon that are out right now are limited (About 120, 100 or so are from the original 150). So you don't have a whole lot of versatility with types as far as gyms go so keep that in mind.

We are more than happy if anybody wants to help us build or just suggest ideas. Our first town is done in a functional way but may be cosmetically altered in the future. I'm hoping to have at least 5 towns and gyms finished and then maybe trying to go public, but that isn't set in stone. I am on most of the time from 2-12 EST on mumble so you can contact me there, and I can whitelist and give people creative as well so it shouldn't be an issue if you wanna help right away.
          • Mar 12, 2008
            I'd be careful with the last part there. last thing i want is to do a rollback in case something goes wrong
            • Good Idea Good Idea x 1
            • Mar 1, 2013
              I know silly. I'm hardly a trusting person. I don't hand things out willy nilly.
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Mar 12, 2008

We plan to go public within a day(s) or so Next week when it updates. Things still need to be built, so if you didn't plan out your gym/town yet you'll have to make one and be farther down the line than the current ones.

If your gym/town has an NPC shop, give dharkk the exact X and Z coordinates and he can copy/paste a pokemart NPC in the spot you want. We have one for buying/selling so keep that in mind.

Will be on later tonight to help wrap things up. Still looking for a working lottery plugin that can use items as a buy-in and reward. If you have ideas, relay them to dharkk for the time being.
                • Like Like x 2
                  Taters, Mar 15, 2013 Last edited by Taters, Mar 15, 2013
                • Mar 12, 2008

updated the OP
                • Jan 11, 2012
                  • Like Like x 1
                  • Mar 12, 2008
                    Hell yeah. All that's left is some cleanup.

that, and a couple other Gyms. easily built though.
                  • Jan 11, 2012
                    If I can help you in a way I would gladly do. I'm always on ^^