Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

re: letting spammers ruin the fun

Discussion in CS:S Zombie Mod started by lgnyquil, Dec 27, 2014

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dec 27, 2014
    I know a handful of admins are friends with or tolerable of him, but whenever he comes on he ruins a good experience on zm.

I don't think i need to explain too much when i say "young boi".

Mic spamming, race baiting, and constant arguing, make for a painful round of zm.

At times he's pretty funny, but letting him get 1/2 the players riled up and pissed off is pretty painful.

I personally think he's a fun guy, but there's a point...

Please at-least consider this thread.

Thanks
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dec 30, 2006
      If there are no admins on or for whatever reason. You can selfmute them.

Type !sm name and it will mute that person locally.
      • Agree Agree x 2
      • Feb 27, 2012
        @ORANGE-THE LAST TANGERINE, @Rayne, @Hitman 47 and myself were there while he was on the server, and he was warned along with the others to get off the topic of racism, which they didn't right away, but eventually complied. We were even talking about it in admin only chat. When i pointed out the existence of !sm, several people used it and muted him, so the conflict quickly ceased. All i heard was people harassing him because of how he talks (i believe what was used to describe him by others was "talking like he was black") and he retaliated, as i would expect anyone in his position to do. He's just like a 9 year old kid joining the server, he may annoy the shit out of you with his voice or they way he talks, but he's just trying to play the game like you are. I didn't see anything today that breached the rules.
        • Agree Agree x 2
        • Informative Informative x 2
        • Dec 27, 2014
          as you may already know, self mute does not work well if at all.

Often there are a few admins on, and i usually ask them nicely to see if they would try to lessen the spamming or warn.. but it often goes unheeded.
        • Dec 30, 2006
          Also seems like Tony has addressed your problem. Please refer to his post.
          • Programming King Programming King x 1
          • Jan 2, 2012
            I just entered the game greeted by him just going on about some troops and america...
          • Dec 27, 2014
            no offence but his constant talking and spamming gets more then half the server pissed off, im not talking one or two people but many start after him and it gets old. Every time he comes on it happens and every time people respond to him with anger and spamming themselves and it becomes a vicious circle or ear pain.

His constant talking and spamming causes others to do the same, then he keeps egging on the other spammers and it goes on and on and on and on and on until he leaves.

I'm not joking or being factitious when i say, nearly every time, its a constant problem that i wish would be addressed without some one having to go through the effort of recording a demo just to reign in one bad player.

Thanks again.
          • Feb 8, 2013
            I already told the guy to shut up on the mic. Don't worry.
          • Oct 25, 2012
            He was mic spamming for a bit that's all and he was warned for it.....if had done something further I would have kicked him but he didn't.....Young Boi is what I call an Uber Troll don't feed the troll and he will go away
          • Nov 29, 2012
            Self mute (!sm) Works just fine. I used it quite often in the server. Just some of the players don't choose to use it because they like to hear him get amped up and angry, or they don't know it's available for them. If it does get too excessive we do handle it accordingly. There's just no reason to constantly mute someone because someone doesn't like the things he says or how he talks. His racial remarks were handled and he was warned for it and he did stop. He's just a troll, if you ignore his existence he goes quiet and calms down.
            • Agree Agree x 1
            • May 17, 2014
              I've never actually met this player but it seems like he is a lot like I am. IMO I would say leave him alone if he isn't breaking any rules. Anyway It's not my place to say since I'm not an admin, do what you think is right.
            • Feb 8, 2013
              No, he's unlike you. I've played with you once or twice, but you're just annoying because you're a squeaker. Most people don't like squeakers, but what you talk about through the mic is all relevant to the game. Yung Boi, even though I don't really find him annoying, he talks about a bunch of BS about how people hate Obama because he's black... like that's just fucking stupid, ya kno wut I meen?

It takes a lot to annoy me sometimes, depending on the case, and mic spamming just doesn't seem to bother me. Like the above players said, if someone is really annoying you while others may not feel the same, you can just use !sm to mute a player. No biggie. Yung Boi might not be pushing it enough for a kick/ban.
              • Like Like x 1
              • Agree Agree x 1
              • Feb 21, 2007
                As others have said, I believe this is why the command !sm was installed. So that players can individual mute players, such as this player.
                • Agree Agree x 1
                • Dec 9, 2013
                  I prefer having a mic spammer instead of having a dickhead blocking, cadebreaking, griefing everything and have no admins on
                  • Agree Agree x 1
                  • Dec 17, 2007
                    If he's just talking on the mic, it's not actually mic spamming and therefore we can't really take any action including warning. He wasn't making annoying noises or saying something over and over, the only thing that we were able to warn for was the fact that ppl were starting to get on racial topics.

I think he's annoying as well and wish he would just stop talking, but the admins have to follow the procedures on enforcing the rules, which sad to say some ppl can slip by, bc they're boarder lined but don't cross it.

Next time just ignore him, ppl egging him on is what feeds it, once you all stop that he typically shuts up.
                    • Agree Agree x 1
                    • May 31, 2012
                      I completely agree with the decision: Do not take action. I think admins should be more relaxed on the mic spamming rule and let players (mostly) decide for themselves now that !sm command is available. I have been on servers that allow voice changers and are too lenient with mic spamming, but !sm has always solved my problems and all the players online can enjoy the game. As it may be seen in previous posts, I believe PF admins are well-known for strict enforcement (I was guilty of this too) and I think it really hurt the server a lot. These recent updates, activity, and decisions are steps to a more promising direction.
                      • Agree Agree x 1
                      • Jul 14, 2010
                        I've played with yung boi a lot. He does get a little crazy on the mic, but with the addition of !sm, I let him keep going unless he starts harassing or being racist. But his mic use tends to not go too hard, and !sm lets anyone who doesn't wanna deal with it at all mute him.
                        • Agree Agree x 1
                        • Jan 12, 2015
                        • Jan 9, 2015

He got banned today for 4 hours. I don't have a dem, because I play the game (trying to survive, not make dems nonstop), but the conflict today started when Dizze Hotep went on mic and started baiting him. Again no dem, but Yung Boi was very mad that Dizzie Hotep started making racist remarks at him and other players started up the racial argument again (what you said about how he talks).

Basically the way I see it was that he was playing the game and he was getting harassed. He was admittedly talking trash, but he wasn't the only person talking trash. I don't understand why certain admins in question did not ban 'Dizzie Hotep' or 'Real Music', because they were the one's baiting him and also saying the same exact offensive things to him.

Example:

You got players saying 'STFU YOUNG BOI YOU FUCKING FAGGOT .ETC ETC ETC'

and

You have Yung Boi saying the same exact things back.

But only Yung Boi gets banned.
                        • Dec 30, 2014

Yung Boi has just been banned by myself, and the reason for that is similar. All he's been doing is looking for problems. He tries to get a response out of every player he talks to. I did nothing. I even tried to defend him while others were bashing on him for the way he talks, and he decided to flip on me and started disrespecting me for no reason. Yung Boi CHOOSES to talk the way he does, and if he gets made fun of for it then that's his fault. No one made him talk like that. He said it himself he chooses to speak like that on the server sometimes for fun. Once an argument dies down, Yung Boi continues to make comments and say things to the other person which is pointless. Just thought I'd add to this.
                        Thread Status:
                        Not open for further replies.