Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Really want to publish a map, but need some help

Discussion in Mapping Discussion started by -Vindictive- Di$TuRbEd_0N3, Jan 22, 2015

1. Mar 10, 2014
    Hey guys. Ive been messing around with the hammer editor and truthfully it makes my head hurt a little. I was wondering if there was some tips and tricks to make things a bit easier, or more or less speed up the process
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Feb 24, 2011
      So wait, have you already finished a map and need help with publishing it on some site?
      If i'm wrong in the question above, what exactly would you need help with? Is there a specific area/thing you want to create?
      Got any progress/pics to show us?

I'd be glad to answer any question when it comes to hammer, but if you're just starting out i'd recommend you'd watch a few tutorials for some warmup.
      Here's a good site for hammer tutorials you can look at: http://www.tophattwaffle.com/tutorials/
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Mar 10, 2014
        I honestly havent started, the hammer editor is a little confusing in comparison to the other map creation tools ive used. I looked on the steam community for creation tutorials but it wasnt much help, ill definantly check out rhe hammer tutorial page you have linked. Thanks for the help
        • Artistic Artistic x 1
        • Feb 27, 2012
          Tophattwaffle's tutorials are very nice, they helped me get started. You should just follow some of the basic tutorials he has before you really try making a map that you want, that way you can get used to how it works and whatnot. Also, you can look in the the mapping tutorials forum section on our website for some helpful tutorials. Some of them are pretty advanced (blame envio) , but im sure youcould benefit from a few.
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1
          • Feb 24, 2011
            Feel free to hit me up if you got any questions, on steam and whatnot.
            • Friendly Friendly x 2
            • Feb 8, 2013
              ...or you can have slaves like I do and work as I feel like, like a boss and let others work for you free of pay.
            • May 15, 2011
              Thanks for the links guys, ill start off basic for now. Ya know keep it simple, you guya are great btw ^^
            • Oct 13, 2011
              Don't forget to save your map every 10 minz or so. Hammer likes to crash lots.
              • Agree Agree x 2
              • Good Idea Good Idea x 2
              • Informative Informative x 1
              • Mar 10, 2014