Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Recent Status Updates

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by M_Infantry, Jun 16, 2011

1. May 6, 2011

Is there anyway we can replace the section of "Recent Status Updates" into a Twitter App.

This would help,
    1. Reduce the amount of data that Plaguefest has to save,
    2. Enhance and create a more social Plaguefest among members,
    3. What we normally put there are nearly the same to what people put on twit,
    4. Instant gratification of the need to put down "what is on your mind", at anytime and anywhere
    5. Content supervising will not be needed, and left to twit
  2. Feb 23, 2011
    Its a good idea,maybe they can do that in the new website.
  3. Apr 11, 2011
    Support although I don't use Twitter, would be awesome if MSN and facebook could be added too :thumbsup:
  4. Jun 4, 2006
    This is a pretty bad idea... and pretty pointless. It's much easier for members to just login to their forum accounts and do everything from there, rather than leaving the site, logging into their twitter, and posting their update there.. not to mention not everyone wants unrelated plaguefest tweets showing up on their personal twitters, and I feel the majority of people here don't even use twitter. Even if we made it so they could login right on the site, if a member doesn't have twitter all this will do is create another unnecessary step for members to post status updates. This is not convenient by any means.

Sorry, but this is something I will not be implementing, neither on this site nor the new one. Also the amount of data we have to serve is of no importance, we have PLENTY of space / resources to serve up a database of recent status posts ... it's literally nothing.
  5. Feb 12, 2011
    I myself don't really use any social online networks really, just gaming communities for me.
  6. Jun 10, 2011
    And some people wouldn't want easy access to personal information for anyone who happens to browse the forums. Would just promote stalking! xP
  7. May 27, 2008
    We had Twitter. No. we shouldn't bring it back.
  8. Feb 20, 2011
    I cant stand Twitter, I would prefer Plaguefest stuff to stay on Plaguefest.
  9. Feb 18, 2011
    Just updating things on forums is defninitly alot easier and more convienent than having twitter linked to the forums. I have to go with no, I think its good enough as is.
  10. Apr 2, 2011
    Personally I prefer the forums here over facebook... so why would I want to go back to facebook for stuff that was already here?? BUT I still think the idea has merit...
  11. Feb 18, 2011
    Although some people have a Facebook, Myspace, Twitter or whatever, some don't at the same time. When you do stuff like that, it is an inconviniance to others. I myself have a facebook, but I don't want others to have to create it just so they can update their status on the forums. The forums itself, acts as a social networking tool in its own category, so we shouldnt try putting another social networking tool right next to it because they will conflict.
  12. Jul 23, 2010
    I would rather keep a separate status update for the forums. Plus, Twitter sucks.
  13. Jul 14, 2010
    Status updates seem fine imo. @Brian Are there any improvements to it or differences we can see on the status updates on the new forum, if they're there.
  14. Feb 18, 2011

I think the forums are perfect the way they are. There is the occasonial sugestion I might aggree with, but since the forums do very well (you can tell by all the posts we get every day lol) I think they don't need any major changes.
  15. May 11, 2011
    Twitter stuff should stay on twitter. pF stuff shoud stay on pF.

I hate how people link fb and tumblr and twitter all together. If I wanted to read your tumblr or twitter, Id go on your tumblr or twitter.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    100% aggreed. Leave thoose things alone and stick with what we have already.:teehee: