Welcome to PlagueFest.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Plague Fest community.
  1. Welcome Guest! to interact with the community and gain access to all the site's features.

Implemented Recent Threads

Discussion in Website Feedback & Bugs started by Hek, Jun 13, 2013

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 14, 2012
    I love the Recent Threads block on the forum frontpage. Use it all the time. Even to the point I don't really visit the separate forums anymore....

However, I noticed I missed @JorisCeoen's topic about his new map, because it got pushed down by other threads... :frown:

I found the 'Whats's new', but when you click a link in there it disappears from that list...

Not sure what plugin to use for Xenforo, can't find one that covers these points...

It would be awesome though if there's a page where you can find the latest topics, ordered by last reply date and they stay in that list even if you read the topic :smile:
  2. Apr 9, 2012
    The problem is that the Recent forums system is 'real-time' but doesn't store unread threads for players that were not yet logged in at that time, so a new thread started at a time where most of the players are inactive then gets pushed down the lines by usually many other, often small and more often useless responses/replies to other threads, making it that I also often miss important threads which despite that were started some time ago.

I too vote for a page where all the unread recent threads are stored that you haven't yet opened, because going throught the forum pgae and clicking every link to open and see what I might have missed will steal at least one hour a day (I assume, because I never did since it's unhandy). If so, it would be handy that it's like for the first 2 days, and if your really need more you can have like a 'Show more' button like there is already in the 'Your content' option for all users.
  3. Mar 12, 2008

unless the thread has been updated, it goes below a certain line that says it hasn't been updated, but there are unread replies. You can "watch" a thread you find interesting too. That should allow you to keep up with it if it gets buried.

after that you can click on your drop-down list next to your name in the top right, and click the "Watched threads" tab and that will bring up a list of threads you've saved.

http://plaguefest.com/watched/threads/all
  4. Apr 9, 2012
    I must say I have never ever seen that tab xD O my
  5. Jun 4, 2006
    I believe this is what you want: http://plaguefest.com/find-new/threads?recent=1 (Link for this is available in What's New - it's the button at the upper right that says 'All Recent Messages' - This page is also accessible via the "Recent Threads" link in the footer).

That will show all the recent threads regardless of if they have been read or not. If you click a thread and read it, it will still show in the list. What's New on the other hand will only show new / unread threads.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Wizard! Wizard! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Jan 14, 2012
      That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! :smile:
    • Apr 24, 2012
    Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.